100 pounds to lose.

Options
robin_herbert
robin_herbert Posts: 5 Member
edited March 2016 in Success Stories
I am so excited about this app. Best thing I have done for my body ever. At my heaviest ( after a week of raw food dieting ) I weighed in at 234 pounds. My heart was beating irregularly. Liver problems. Brown spots on the white parts if my eye balls. Stomach problems. Head aches. Medicated for high blood pressure. Sluggish and very depressed. I was desperate. Ashamed and felt hopeless. I decided to take action and control my portions by using this app to count calories. Honestly the first week I was hungry cranky and not filled with any hope. I realized my portion sizes were big enough for half a days worth of food. For each meal! I made drastic changes and added fruit and veggies to every meal. I learned they were low calorie count foods but filled me up. I replaced potato chips with fruit. And traded in 2 ltrs of pop a day with 4 ltrs of water a day. By the end of week 1 my heart was regular. My liver didn't hurt anymore. The brown spots on the white parts of my eyes cleared up. My head aches are gone. I lost 5 pounds in 12 days. I'm almost at the end of my week 2 and ready to jump on the scale again. I'm hoping its a nice scale weigh in. My headaches are gone and I feel hopeful. I know I have lost more weight. I can see it on my hips in my face and in my clothing. Please help me stay on track. I need you. I need your support. Let's help each other we wouldn't be here if we didn't need each other. I'm changing my health my emotions and my physique. I hope you share your story too. I'll update weekly if u want to join me ☺

Replies

• chubbs79
    chubbs79 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Good job! You may have your ups and downs, but just stick with it and all your hard work will pay off..
  • robin_herbert
    robin_herbert Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you ☺ I'm going to weigh in this weekend. Looking forward to it
  • pompoms40
    pompoms40 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Good luck :smile:
  • RBracken34
    RBracken34 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I started 11 months ago at 252 lbs. and felt the same way... I'm down to 170 lbs. now and feel better every day. I wasn't perfect, but I just kept moving forward. You got this!
  • kirobinson54
    kirobinson54 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Good job! Focus on one day at a time and just keep moving forward. You will succeed!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    Great job taking action when you felt down! I'm always amazed when I watch the Dr. Oz show and people he puts in his "truth tube" diet for six weeks and come back and all their horrible blood test numbers are back to normal. The body is an amazing thing..just treat it right and it acts in kind. Good luck on your path to great health.
  • motorcycle21
    motorcycle21 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am so excited about this app. Best thing I have done for my body ever. At my heaviest ( after a week of raw food dieting ) I weighed in at 234 pounds. My heart was beating irregularly. Liver problems. Brown spots on the white parts if my eye balls. Stomach problems. Head aches. Medicated for high blood pressure. Sluggish and very depressed. I was desperate. Ashamed and felt hopeless. I decided to take action and control my portions by using this app to count calories. Honestly the first week I was hungry cranky and not filled with any hope. I realized my portion sizes were big enough for half a days worth of food. For each meal! I made drastic changes and added fruit and veggies to every meal. I learned they were low calorie count foods but filled me up. I replaced potato chips with fruit. And traded in 2 ltrs of pop a day with 4 ltrs of water a day. By the end of week 1 my heart was regular. My liver didn't hurt anymore. The brown spots on the white parts of my eyes cleared up. My head aches are gone. I lost 5 pounds in 12 days. I'm almost at the end of my week 2 and ready to jump on the scale again. I'm hoping its a nice scale weigh in. My headaches are gone and I feel hopeful. I know I have lost more weight. I can see it on my hips in my face and in my clothing. Please help me stay on track. I need you. I need your support. Let's help each other we wouldn't be here if we didn't need each other. I'm changing my health my emotions and my physique. I hope you share your story too. I'll update weekly if u want to join me ☺

• motorcycle21
    motorcycle21 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am about 90lbs over weight too. I have irregular heart beats too. Lost 40 lbs before, gained most back...started back last week. Have lost 6 so far. Good going. I hope u keep it up. It's so hard
  • Gturner81
    Gturner81 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    RBracken34 wrote: »
    Good luck! I started 11 months ago at 252 lbs. and felt the same way... I'm down to 170 lbs. now and feel better every day. I wasn't perfect, but I just kept moving forward. You got this!

How did you do it?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!