Need new motivating friends to start this Journey

Options
pru101
pru101 Posts: 40 Member
Hello All,

If you'r growing through my profile, you may notice I have been a MFP logger for some time. I have lost weight (yay!) and gain weight (****!!). It has a crazy ride, I have tried many diets (Atikins, Ketosis, Herbalife, liquid diet, cereal diet) - and did i lose weight? - YES! was it a great feeling? - YES! did i gain the weight back once i stopped? - HELL YES!!!

So where am i now? - I'm just a few pounds off of my original and heaviest weight i have been since i can remember, back to square one, back to where i started.

I know, I know, i should have stuck to healthy eating, calorie counting, exercising weight loss regime - and thats what I'm doing now. no more short cuts, yo-yo dieting. Just some good ol' low fat healthy eating, portion controls.

So with that being said - i would love some motivational people who follow the same philosophy. People who are regulars at logging, sharing healthy low fat recipes, following a balanced diet.

Please add me - my body, and mind are ready! (maybe!! hehe).

Thank you for reading :smile:

Pru

Replies

• ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. Feel free to add me as a friend. Check out the Motivation, Success and frustration sharing forum. Those are the friends that I look forward to checking in with every day. Everyone of them lets you know the good the bad and the ugly. And then they help you brush yourself off and get back to it.
  • pru101
    pru101 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I will check that forum out, thanks. It would be great to have loads to friends on the same boat!

Cheers xx
  • runningfromwolves
    runningfromwolves Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I've been around here off and on for years. Needing to lose the same pounds again. It was so fun the first time thought I'd do it again. (sarcasm)
  • MamaKarrot
    MamaKarrot Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. :) I did so fantastic a few years ago and then I keep falling off the wagon. I was on 4 months of bedrest after a major surgery and was just like, "Well I guess this is my free ticket to just completely quit," and I shouldn't have. I miss feeling good and having energy. It's good to come back. You can add me as a friend if you want. :)
  • AllieRottmann
    AllieRottmann Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Me too, adding you, Pru
  • AbnerKGeorge
    AbnerKGeorge Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow, I feel like I could have written your post. I've been using MFP off and on now for several years. Honestly it's been the only thing that has truly worked to take off the weight and maintain some quality of life for me. Plus, I get a little addicted to the accountability of the calorie tracking. I would love to be part of a positive support team. I just had my 3rd child and have about 50-60 lbs. I'd like to lose. Please feel free to add me.
  • paradi3s
    paradi3s Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm maintaining, but do get the weight loss and gain you went through. Very frustrating at irst, but I'm sure you'll get back on track! :)