sedentary or lightly active

Options
I'm a stay at home mum to a 9mth old. We go on a morning hour long walk, and I go to gym daily for an hour-hour and half which I log on my exercise. Throughout the day I'm playing with her, feeding her, tidying, food shopping etc. So I really don't know whether to choose sedentary or lightly active?

Replies

• Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    I think this is light active. At least.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    Yay, there have been other threads about SAM that put them at lightly active (at least.)
  • Jbell0213
    Jbell0213 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I would choose actively light. I chose sedentary because I sit at a desk all day at work, I'm sure you are up and moving around all day too.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Lightly active.
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    I know I have absolutely NO problem hitting 10,000 steps the weeks I have my sister's kids. So I'd say stay-at-home parents are at LEAST lightly active, and depending on parenting style may hit active or very active.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Start with lightly active and you can always adjust your calorie allowance after a month if you don't get the results you should.

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Go with lightly active.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    You could start with setting it to lightly active for a month and see how your weight loss goes. If you aren't losing at the rate you want then maybe you are more sedentary. You could wear a pedometer or fitness tracker for a couple of weeks and get a clearer idea.
    I don't agree with the assumption that all SAHP are at least lightly active. I was sedentary. I got a pedometer and found I was definitely getting 5000 steps a day or less most days even though I felt I was doing stuff all day.
  • reevess113
    reevess113 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I was just trying to figure out if 9000-10000 steps per day but a desk job is sedentary or lightly active? Any suggestions?