coffee coffee coffee

Options
So I'm usually not a regular coffee drinker but this morning I feel like i really need some! I don't like coffee just black, but i also don't want to put too much sugar either. Any regular coffee drinkers that have some advice? How much sugar should I use or rather a healthier kind of sweetener?

Replies

• MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I use 2 tsp in my coffee. There are many sweeteners to choose from -none of them taste good to me. Ill gladly take my 30cals of sugar though.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    How much sugar to use? As much as you want and fits in your goals. Or, if you don't want to spend the calories on sugar, use an calorie-free sweetener.
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    I may not be a huge help since I drink mine black, but my significant other puts some unsweetened cashew milk in his in the morning (@25 calories a cup). Sweetener is up to you. When I sweeten my tea I put in a few drops of liquid stevia (0 cals) which does the trick
  • appkhi
    appkhi Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Every person is different...Coffee taste is very bad without sugar so I switch from coffee to Tea now i can drink Tea without sugar
  • alipie420
    alipie420 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    MommyMeggo wrote: »
    I use 2 tsp in my coffee. There are many sweeteners to choose from -none of them taste good to me. Ill gladly take my 15cals of sugar though.

Thats what i was aftaid of, buying a sweetener that tastes gross to me. Haha

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I drink two cups each morning and two in the afternoon.

I use a packet of Equal and an ounce of 2% milk in each cup.

It's pure heaven for me and you can pry it out of my cold, dead hands.
  • alipie420
    Options
    Rachel0778 wrote: »
    I may not be a huge help since I drink mine black, but my significant other puts some unsweetened cashew milk in his in the morning (@25 calories a cup). Sweetener is up to you. When I sweeten my tea I put in a few drops of liquid stevia (0 cals) which does the trick

I have tried stevia! Not the best taste but definitely should do the trick. I will keep my eye out for cashew milk too, i have heard a friend say they love it! Thank you
  • alipie420
    Options
    How much sugar to use? As much as you want and fits in your goals. Or, if you don't want to spend the calories on sugar, use an calorie-free sweetener.

I used to just do an unmeasured scoop or 2 until I liked the taste, but I know I cant do that anymore!
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    I've slowly cut out the sugar from my coffee and now just drink it with milk. I enjoy it that way now.
    I agree with Alyssa - nobody better ever get between me and my coffee.
  • DKG28
    DKG28 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I put real milk in mine, and milk (especially whole or cream) has a sweet quality to it. As for adding sugar, add to taste. Some people drink their coffee so sweet it's like a dessert, and some put a tsp of sugar just to take the edge off the bitterness that can happen in a bad cup of coffee.
  • alipie420
    Options
    appkhi wrote: »
    Every person is different...Coffee taste is very bad without sugar so I switch from coffee to Tea now i can drink Tea without sugar

I have been sick on green tea with lemon since i started my healthy habits, but once in a while coffee is just what I need.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    alipie420 wrote: »
    So I'm usually not a regular coffee drinker but this morning I feel like i really need some! I don't like coffee just black, but i also don't want to put too much sugar either. Any regular coffee drinkers that have some advice? How much sugar should I use or rather a healthier kind of sweetener?

Just sweeten it to taste within the macro you are currently testing. When I cut sugars out of my diet I just started using as heavy of cream that I can find handy now that I use coffee to help me lose weight.
  • alipie420
    Options
    I drink two cups each morning and two in the afternoon.

I use a packet of Equal and an ounce of 2% milk in each cup.

It's pure heaven for me and you can pry it out of my cold, dead hands.

Equal.. i have to remember that! Haha i know what you mean! Well, not personally but my cousin living with me always is making coffe and I cant really ask her advice on sugar though because she uses way too much. Haha thanks though :)
  • Jindeed
    Jindeed Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Coffee addict, here. I usually use stevia or sucralose to sweeten (either packets or a flavored syrup) and add 1 tablespoon of half and half. It makes my coffee delicious at only 20 calories per cup. :) I refuse to drink it black when I can have this.
  • alipie420
    Options
    I've slowly cut out the sugar from my coffee and now just drink it with milk. I enjoy it that way now.
    I agree with Alyssa - nobody better ever get between me and my coffee.

That's what I think I'll have to do! I just put what i (thought) was enough but I am not enjoying this. Haha i guess will just do some extra exercise today
  • endlessfall16
    endlessfall16 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    I have trained myself that I can drink both -- black or with cream, sugar. The latter is a bit for enjoyment in addition to the caffeine fix. A tsp of sugar is 16 cal, 1 tsp of power creamer is 10. Coffee is 2 per cup. This is a drink that's low in calories but gives you the most mileage. Next is (certain) energy drink. Use them wisely.
  • melissagsaunders
    melissagsaunders Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I used to use a flavored non-dairy creamer, but worried about the hydrogenated oils/artificial ingredients. Now I use a teaspoon of local/raw/unfiltered honey and 2 tablespoons of organic whole milk. It took a while to get used to the difference, but now I prefer it. If I taste the creamer now, it tastes really bad/fake/artificial. I feel like I can justify the honey because of all of it's health benefits vs. a teaspoon of white sugar...
  • mdrichardsons
    mdrichardsons Posts: 83 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I do international delight creamers they have sugar and fat free kind only 15 or 20 cal a serving I fit it in to my day everyday because I love my cup of coffee in the morning.
  • kaitlinteeter
    kaitlinteeter Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am more of a drink my coffee black kind of gal, but this werk due to a cold I put honey in my tea... It wasn't too bad. I am not sure how it tastes in coffee however... I say go to a coffee shop that offers different options for sweetner and try them out! Or, try it black, once you get used to the bitterness, it is tough to go back to all the add ins! :-)
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,977 Member
    Options
    I drink 2 cups of coffee everyday. I put 2 tsp sugar (30 cals) and 2 tbsp half and half (40 cals) in each cup so each cup is 70 cals. I try not to drink a lot of calories, but my morning coffee is non-negotiable. I do drink unsweetened tea both iced and hot. If you are looking for a caffeine boost with 0 cals you might try that.