Immune Boosters

Options
What do you do to stay well? Let me explain...I woke up this morning and I was run down, sniffly and my throat hurt a little. All of the familiar symptoms of just-a-few-days-before-bed-ridden. Not that I couldn't use the time off work, but I'm on a 30-day conditioning period and I can't afford to miss a day or more at the gym being sick.

I know the obvious, Echinacea, Vitamin C, rest, etc. Does anyone have any other tips that can help me, any foods that help jump start the immunities or recommend any particular supplements? I'll try anything at this point.

Thanks,

Maggie

Replies

• Maggie218
    Options
    What do you do to stay well? Let me explain...I woke up this morning and I was run down, sniffly and my throat hurt a little. All of the familiar symptoms of just-a-few-days-before-bed-ridden. Not that I couldn't use the time off work, but I'm on a 30-day conditioning period and I can't afford to miss a day or more at the gym being sick.

I know the obvious, Echinacea, Vitamin C, rest, etc. Does anyone have any other tips that can help me, any foods that help jump start the immunities or recommend any particular supplements? I'll try anything at this point.

Thanks,

Maggie
  • charliesgold
    charliesgold Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    An apple a day, seriously they seem to work very well for me, I pick up a bag of about 12 from Sams for $5. On top of that drink more than your recommended amt of water to help flush your body free of any illness :)
  • I know yogurt is good for your immune system, and anytime your stomach is upset. Plus, it's good for you!! :)
  • oatmealie
    oatmealie Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Since you are already sick, try ginseng, twice a day with food. It's will boost your immune system and make the cold shorter and less severe.