Protien Powder - What brand do you use?

Options
I started a HCLF diet a few months back and have gradually been dropping weight. My shakes usually consist of BSN Syntha-6 "Vanilla Ice Cream", Flavored Granola/Seed Blends, Fruit and 2% milk or Silk Dark Chocolate. I want to expand my options. Tell me about your Recipes/Suggestions!

Thanks!

Replies

• laceymartin24
    laceymartin24 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    We do high protein, lo carb, and use Ultimate Gold whey from bodybuilder.com.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    My faves are Quest and Optimum Nutrition. But both have very low carbs compared to syntha 6
  • FoxynSkinny
    FoxynSkinny Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I use RBC Life Protein powder in chocolate or vanilla flavored. It's based on macro and micronutrients technology. Tastes great!
  • BeYouTiful94
    BeYouTiful94 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I use optimum nutrition. Tastes great in rocky road flavor with unsweetened almond milk. 24g protein, 3G carbs, 120 cal.
  • StayinFitDeb
    StayinFitDeb Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm using Quest protein powder & also, Shakeology.
  • sarahkanzalone
    sarahkanzalone Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I really liked the isopure zero/low carb cookies and cream.... Tried the chocolate vega protein and greens and so far find it difficult to mix and not a huge fan of taste but it was more budget friendly
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    My favorite brand so far has been Quest. Both their peanut butter and strawberry were on point. I really want to pick up a tub of that.

I've tried MyProtein. In addition to selling me something nearing the expiration date, their apple custard was pretty crappy. The chocolate flavor was decent but not worth the price.

I liked Vega chocolate protein powder.

The WORST powder I've ever tried was Sunridge Farms vanilla protein powder. It had no flavor and gave everything I added it to a horrible texture. I tried my hardest to force myself to finish that poo poo before I realized there was no point.

I picked up some Designer Lite Protein this weekend and really enjoyed it. I mostly use protein powder in "mug cakes" and the occasional cottage cheese mixin. It mixed really well with the "cake".
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,950 Member
    Options
    Biochem Ultimate 100 % Whey protein, Natural. Light vanilla taste. No added sugar or nasty artificial sweetener.

I've also had the Vanilla, which does have sugar, and too much vanilla IMO.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Trutein. Best tasting one I've found yet.
  • hokiegrl00
    hokiegrl00 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just started using protein powder and a friend suggested Ultimate Muscle Protein. It tastes ridiculously good. I'm hoping to try new recipes this weekend!
  • datsundriver87
    datsundriver87 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I love optimum nutrition whey protein. Cookies and cream with low fat milk tastes delicious but I wouldn't recommend it in water , any of their chocolate proteins taste great in milk or water. The only flavor I would stay away from is their salted Carmel... No Bueno.
  • ChloeShutts91
    ChloeShutts91 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend Bulk Nutrients Whey Protein. The new choc honeycomb flavour blended with low fat milk and a frozen banana is the bomb! They're plant based proteins are really good as well!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend Bulk Nutrients Whey Protein. The new choc honeycomb flavour blended with low fat milk and a frozen banana is the bomb! They're plant based proteins are really good as well!

I like Bulk Nutrients too. But I believe it's only available in Aus..

• thomas_geist
    thomas_geist Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks Everyone for your responses! This is exactly what i was looking for. Optimum Nutrition seemed to come up a lot in there, so i am going to dig into them a bit more. I use ON for my Amino/Caffeine needs so im somewhat familiar with the brand.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I get hemp on Amazon. It's easy to get and it's cheap so that works for me.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options

If you like gingerbread, Oxygen magazine has a recipe for a delicious Gingerbread cookie shake: 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder, 1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder, 1/2 cup vanilla enriched Rice Dream, 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt, 1/2 tsp ginger, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1 T molasses, and ice cubes. Blend and drink ! Mmmmmm

I also like a Creamsicle, which is a cup of orange juice (I get the Healthy kids kind with extra calcium and vitamins), half a scoop of vanilla protein powder (I’ve been getting spirulina), and a lowfat or Greek vanilla (or plain or coffee) yogurt. Blend and drink.

The Key Lime Protein Shake is blended with the juice of a lime, 2 tsp lime zest, 1 scoop of vanilla whey protein powder, 1 T coconut, a cup of milk, and 1-2 packets of Stevia (optional).

The Chocolate Maple Shake is made by blending a cup of milk, 3 T protein powder, 1 T cocoa powder, and 1 tsp maple syrup

Last but not least, for a change, I blend a cup of orange juice (I get the Healthy kids kind with extra calcium and vitamins), half a scoop of chocolate protein powder (I’ve been getting spirulina), and a lowfat coffee yogurt. Also good!

• Intention_In_Motion
    Options
    I use Solutions4 Nutritional Shakes. I like chocolate and vanilla, but there are others. Very low carb, and very natural ingredients. super smooth blending, too.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I use MyProtein Impact Whey (concentrate, isolate and blend). It's the best combination of taste, quality and price for me.
  • babycatchfire
    babycatchfire Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    PEscience vanilla milkshake // snicker doodle

+

LEGION vanilla // cookies and cream
  • KNewer88
    KNewer88 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Because I can't stand the taste of flavored protein, I use Isopure unflavored (completely devoid of that sickly sweetness most protein powders have) and mix it with milk and a bit of malt ovaltine. Tis wonderful.