WEDNESDAY 6/22 MINI CHALLENGE = CALF RAISES!

Options
Thursday = 200 (you heard right!) calf raises! If 200 sounds easy to you then I suggest you add 100 ;)

You can do them free standing on the floor (level 1) heels hanging off a step of any kind (level 2) or either of those with weights in your hands (level 3). Some people might get fancy and do one leg at a time.

Sets of 10 or 20 work well.

VERY IMPORTANT to stretch out both before and after, You will be so sorry if you don't = cramps/stiffness.

You should be able to fit these in anywhere/anytime! Just have them done by midnight!

If the amount is too much/little, just do as many as you can and report back what you did.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/calf-raise/MM00742

All mini challenges can be logged as strength training if done throughout the day spread way out or calisthenics if done in just a few sets.

Who's up for it?

Replies

• bmfrazie
    bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    I am in. I missed out on the other challenges today.
  • DarkDiva2005
    DarkDiva2005 Posts: 140
    Options
    I'm in!
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I've already done 40 (level 2) while outside with my sons. Only 160 more to do today! Plus, I have the yoga from yesterday to do that I never got done. You're working me! LOL
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I am in! I will be doing the yoga from yesterday (like mom2caeleb) and the calf raises today. I might try to throw in the crunches challenge since I failed on that one too :sad:

We will see what my body can handle :wink:
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    50 down before lunch :) planning 50 after lunch and then going to work the last 100 before and after my evening run
  • HartJames
    HartJames Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Try to get at least one of your fellow fitpeeps to join in!
  • thaismoreira
    thaismoreira Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am in.
    I'll do 50 push ups too.
  • srob636
    srob636 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Sounds good!
  • kaylor908
    kaylor908 Posts: 42
    Options
    im in my calfs are so weak.
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I've already done 40 (level 2) while outside with my sons. Only 160 more to do today! Plus, I have the yoga from yesterday to do that I never got done. You're working me! LOL

I've done 260 (level 1) calf raises in addition to these 40. I also just completed the yoga challenge from yesterday.
    Thanks so much for these challenges!
  • fraiseroja
    fraiseroja Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Done with 100

100 to go!
  • kelsue35
    kelsue35 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    love your challenges so of course i am in
  • fraiseroja
    fraiseroja Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Ok. All done!
  • melindalamb
    Options
    I did the 200 calf raises. OMG, my calves were burning!
  • mazziemom
    mazziemom Posts: 21
    Options
    Done 200!
  • bmfrazie
    bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    200 done in sets of 25 in 6 mins
  • kelsue35
    kelsue35 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    done! didnt know how much i missed working out earlier in the month when i didnt have time to breathe let alone anything else. but after the last few days of doing challenges i now know tha i did and i love that i have time to do it now!
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I am in! I will be doing the yoga from yesterday (like mom2caeleb) and the calf raises today. I might try to throw in the crunches challenge since I failed on that one too :sad:

We will see what my body can handle :wink:

I got in 80 and now it is time for bed.... but I also did 80 reverse crunches, 20 reg crunches, and 20 side crunches (each side) to equal 120 crunches before bed time.

I'll have to save that yoga for tomorrow :wink:
  • DarkDiva2005
    DarkDiva2005 Posts: 140
    Options
    With one minute left, I did it! Thanks for the challenge! :)
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    i'm in and done!