Pressure cooker recipes

Options
Blondiebear23
Blondiebear23 Posts: 40 Member
I just bought a pressure cooker and needing some meal suggestions to make with it.

Replies

• Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I use mine mainly to make broth, hard boiled eggs, or meat from frozen. My kid loves risotto in the pressure cooker.
  • monga4545
    monga4545 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    :)
  • kbrunner2
    kbrunner2 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    there is an awesome beef and broccoli recipe out there! find it on pinterest under pressure cooker beef and broccoli. you can make great soups out of just about anything in no time at all. LOVE hard boiled eggs in it.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Made this last night, turned out really good. But, you'd better like spicy, or plan to use sour cream with it. It's got a good steady burn. This is not as spicy as what you'd find in New Mexico.

Do yourself a favor, use all bone-in chicken thighs and get your butcher to skin them for you. You won't want soggy chicken skin in the chile, and this saves you both calories and effort.

seriouseats.com/recipes/2015/04/pressure-cooker-fast-and-easy-chicken-chile-verde-recipe.html
  • nojuicejustjin
    nojuicejustjin Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I made turkey chili two nights ago and it was amazing!

1 lbs lean ground turkey
    1 ripe tomato cubed
    1 bottle of tomato sauce (homemade but you can buy it made if you choose)
    1 can of red beans
    1 onion chopped
    1 green pepper diced
    3 garlic cloves diced
    Chili powder, salt, cumin and cayenne pepper to taste.

Cooked the turkey in a bit of EVOO until browned then put it in the crock pot (low heat). Sautéed the veggies in some EVOO also until onions were cooked through them added the cubed tomato and after that I poured in the sauce to let the flavored marry. Once it simmered a bit I poured that into the crock pot and added the beans. Let it sit for at least 30 mins stirring a couple of times :) enjoy! (I served mine in a bowl and topped it with shredded sharp cheddar)
  • SnappyDresser
    SnappyDresser Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I just bought a pressure cooker and needing some meal suggestions to make with it.

I absolutely commend you on getting yourself a Pressure Cooker! :) You will save time and money. After you learn how to use it best, you'll know it was worth every penny. Good courage & well done! Lots of people are afraid of them. No need to fear it once learning how they work. I really like them for Vegan & Vegetarian recipes for Main Dishes. Easy, quick, and always amazing. DH likes the beef stew & chili recipes in winter.

Vegetarian Red Kidney Beans Homemade
    Served over brown rice for complete protein, with various choices of toppings. The Nutritional Info is correct as well.
    That is the name of the Pressure Cooker recipe I just entered into MFP to be shared in MFP Recipe database. It is a basic moderately SPICY Vegan bean recipe, adjust spicy to your tastes, and you could sub almost any bean/legume. Another thread, was discussing of sharing recipes that you entered into the database. So, this morning I took the time to enter in my basic bean recipe. If you search for it, you might find it. I couldn't search for it, since I'm signed in, it takes me to my own recipe database. Frustrating!

If you find the recipe, please let me know. I'd enter in more PC recipes if I knew others could find them.

I cook a lot for many decades using my pressure cookers, and have 3.
    A 4, 6, and 8 quart Presto, since their parts are always replaceable and in stock. Each size has a use. Once you learn to cook with your new PC you'd never want to be without one, or more. The websites the others shared are great. I did jumbo Artichokes in 20 minutes Sunday. Awesome & tender.

PS: Never ever cook split peas or black eyed peas in PC. LOL. Ask me how I know that. :'(

• SnappyDresser
    Options
    I made turkey chili two nights ago and it was amazing!

1 lbs lean ground turkey
    1 ripe tomato cubed
    1 bottle of tomato sauce (homemade but you can buy it made if you choose)
    1 can of red beans
    1 onion chopped
    1 green pepper diced
    3 garlic cloves diced
    Chili powder, salt, cumin and cayenne pepper to taste.

Cooked the turkey in a bit of EVOO until browned then put it in the crock pot (low heat). Sautéed the veggies in some EVOO also until onions were cooked through them added the cubed tomato and after that I poured in the sauce to let the flavored marry. Once it simmered a bit I poured that into the crock pot and added the beans. Let it sit for at least 30 mins stirring a couple of times :) enjoy! (I served mine in a bowl and topped it with shredded sharp cheddar)

Saved this for this next Saturday! Thank you for your time spent in posting it.
  • SnappyDresser
    edited May 2016
    Options
    stealthq wrote: »
    Made this last night, turned out really good. But, you'd better like spicy, or plan to use sour cream with it. It's got a good steady burn. This is not as spicy as what you'd find in New Mexico.

Do yourself a favor, use all bone-in chicken thighs and get your butcher to skin them for you. You won't want soggy chicken skin in the chile, and this saves you both calories and effort.

seriouseats.com/recipes/2015/04/pressure-cooker-fast-and-easy-chicken-chile-verde-recipe.html

You got me at you'd better like spicy. Will be making this real soon. YUM! Thank you for sharing. I've been looking for chicken thigh PC recipes that are spicy.
  • EmSanjanwala
    EmSanjanwala Posts: 1 Member
    Options

I absolutely commend you on getting yourself a Pressure Cooker! :) You will save time and money. After you learn how to use it best, you'll know it was worth every penny. Good courage & well done! Lots of people are afraid of them. No need to fear it once learning how they work. I really like them for Vegan & Vegetarian recipes for Main Dishes. Easy, quick, and always amazing. DH likes the beef stew & chili recipes in winter.

Vegetarian Red Kidney Beans Homemade
    Served over brown rice for complete protein, with various choices of toppings. The Nutritional Info is correct as well.
    That is the name of the Pressure Cooker recipe I just entered into MFP to be shared in MFP Recipe database. It is a basic moderately SPICY Vegan bean recipe, adjust spicy to your tastes, and you could sub almost any bean/legume. Another thread, was discussing of sharing recipes that you entered into the database. So, this morning I took the time to enter in my basic bean recipe. If you search for it, you might find it. I couldn't search for it, since I'm signed in, it takes me to my own recipe database. Frustrating!

If you find the recipe, please let me know. I'd enter in more PC recipes if I knew others could find them.

I cook a lot for many decades using my pressure cookers, and have 3.
    A 4, 6, and 8 quart Presto, since their parts are always replaceable and in stock. Each size has a use. Once you learn to cook with your new PC you'd never want to be without one, or more. The websites the others shared are great. I did jumbo Artichokes in 20 minutes Sunday. Awesome & tender.

PS: Never ever cook split peas or black eyed peas in PC. LOL. Ask me how I know that. :'(

They make a tin you can put inside your pressure cooker so you can cook lentils and beans without the skins stopping up the pressure regulator.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried any of those yet but there are a bunch here

http://www.pressurecookingtoday.com/
  • dsmpunk
    dsmpunk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    This may sound a tad ridiculous, but my Instant Pot changed my life. From freezer to shredded chicken in 45-60 minutes. Mashed potatoes in 10. I can't remember the last time i used my crock pot.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    dsmpunk wrote: »
    This may sound a tad ridiculous, but my Instant Pot changed my life. From freezer to shredded chicken in 45-60 minutes. Mashed potatoes in 10. I can't remember the last time i used my crock pot.

I just made barley in 30 minutes altogether in my new Instant pot. Sure beats 2 hours on the stove top with half of the barley burned on the bottom...
  • JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Great ideas! Lots of new recipes to try!

I hope you love your pressure cooker as much as I adore mine. I kind of thought "meh" when got it from my mother-in-law for Christmas and now I can't live without it. It is everything I wanted my slow cooker to be. I know plenty of people love their the slow cooker, but I was very frustrated with it. My America's Test Kitchen Slow Cooker book helped, but I still only had a handful of recipes that I thought were acceptable at the 8-10 hour cook time that I had to work with on week nights. And those generally involved browning/precooking of some sort so there were no "one pot wonders" in the bunch. Any other recipes I tried were overcooked and bland no matter how much I tweaked or which brand/style of slow cooker I tried - especially chicken, overcooked chicken is simply inedible, blech!

Even if you never cook a meal in the thing, it will change your life if you make steamed veg, rice or hard cooked eggs on a regular basis.
  • SnappyDresser
    Options
    stealthq wrote: »

I made this using bone in thighs, added on a few extras for healthy toppings, and it was spicy and delicious. I enjoy the site for new PC recipes. So many new things to PC. Will be trying the Enchiladas this weekend. YUM.
  • mommazach
    mommazach Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Pinterest! Just saying, there are thousands of recipes on there. My fav is beef roast, from frozen state. Love