JM's 30 Day Shred Results for Motivation/Encouragement

Options
Hey everyone! I am about half way through with Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred & I am curious if anyone out there has completed the program? What are your thoughts & results? Even if you're still sticking to it, I wanna hear what you think!?

Replies

• Calamity_Jenn
    Calamity_Jenn Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I completed Level 1, day 10 yesterday and I definitely notice an increase in stamina and ability. I can get through each exercise without stopping and am able to do about 12 modified push-ups (where my chest goes to the floor). Today was my first day on Level 2 and wow, wow, wow!!

Unfortunately, I measured and weighed myself on Tuesday after coming back from a 3 day trip and I'm feeling pretty bummed. While I kept up with my workouts while away, I wasnt very diligent with eating, so I gained 3.6 lbs, an inch on my hips, and .5 inch on my gut. I know that I ate about 3500 extra calories, it seems nearly impossible to have gained an entire inch on my hips.

Anywho, you should be almost finished with the program. What have you noticed?
  • angelwowings23
    angelwowings23 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    When this DVD was first released (circa 2007/2008 - if memory serves me correctly), I completed it. I got such great results from it, I went back to it several times over the course of the years that followed. Prior to that, I'd been an avid runner. I lifted weights on occasion at the gym but they were core-focused exercises. So the weight-incorporated circuit training that is in the 30DS actually took a huge positive toll on my body. Since 2008, I've gotten into far more intense programs (ie: Insanity) to where 30DS and Ripped in 30 don't really get me winded anymore so they just hang out on my shelf or are lent out to friends as needed. I ALWAYS recommend these two as a starting point for people trying to get fit, though, because THEY WORK. I feel it's an amazing stepping stone to bettering yourself and leading beginner/intermediate exercisers in the right direction.