Trying to find to a positive forum to have meaningful discussions in

Options
Every online forum I visit is full of bickering, name-calling, and bullying. It seems to be inescapable. Does that go on in this forum?

Replies

• guacamole1
    guacamole1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am new to the forum, but I am all about positivity! With so many active posters, I'm sure you will find your niche.
  • Chaagy
    Chaagy Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I can't promise it won't happen, but generally I find these are fairly supportive forums. To be sure MFP has its share of fanatics, and snarky responders, but also a lot of honest feedback and people who are trying to help.
  • jurisdoc85
    jurisdoc85 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks Chaagy, I suppose it's just the nature of the online world.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    jurisdoc85 wrote: »
    Every online forum I visit is full of bickering, name-calling, and bullying. It seems to be inescapable. Does that go on in this forum?
    Well it depends on how you define the words your describe.

Bickering could be viewed as arguing. We do debate here a lot, especially on validity of information.

Name calling, not so much. Some do it in jest or sarcasm, but it usually gets squashed right away especially when it gets reported.

Bullying. Again, depends on point of view. If someone makes a claim on say "detoxing" and then several of those "in the know" refute it, some have seen it as bullying. Others see it as dispelling bad information.

There's positivity here as well as bluntness. How it's perceived depends on the person.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• Expatmommy79
    Expatmommy79 Posts: 940 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I find people to be very respectful As long as:

1. You don't try to shill mlm products
    2. You aren't trying to promote your WOE as the only way or best way.
    3. You don't science wrong. (Quote a part of a study and state it as a fact but havent actually read or understood the study)
    4. Don't try and pretend you know what you are talking about from having searched google or watched a TED talk.

It's not too hard! There all are sorts here. Go take a browse around and find your groove!
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Is this a trap?
  • jurisdoc85
    jurisdoc85 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Alluminati wrote: »
    Is this a trap?

Ha! It would seem like it. What I've noticed a lot of on other forums is topic-jacking. The original post could be asking for advice or posting information but then you get 17 pages going back and forth between 2 or 3 individuals that have more to do with whose balls are bigger rather than answering the OP. It's extremely annoying!
  • StrongLife
    StrongLife Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Generally supportive. I find if you stay in your wheelhouse this is a positive place. An example is me trying to participate in the Fun & Games. That isn't me so I don't go there.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    It maybe annoying to you but it doesn't have to be. Read the responses with a mickey mouse voice and you will be good. :)
  • bezza666
    bezza666 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Saying 3 words forum rules on this app