How do you balance

Options
How do you balance what you eating and stay within your ranges for the items you are tracking. For example on my sugars it tend to go over everytime and it is not from eating candy but from eating fruit! I noticed that one serving of skinny cow ice cream had less sugar in it than 10 oz of watermelon. I would think that the watermelon would be better for me to eat. How do I decide what is good sugar and what is bad sugar?

Replies

• SSawney
    SSawney Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    this may be a bad response but i took of sugar and instead I watch my sodium intake which I realized I was consuming way too much of.
  • barefootbeautiful
    Options
    While the quality of your sugar is important (fruit is definitely better than, say, ho-hos), sugar is sugar. Yes, you can have some. Try to aim for having it at the right TIME. If you're going to binge on strawberries, do it after you workout when your body needs that carb replacement. If you are craving watermelon, take a little run before lunch so your body can USE it. I struggle with good sugars too - I am a fruit FIEND - but I also know that too much sugar, regardless of it's origin, isn't working in my favor right now. So keep eating the good sugar, just do it when you can use it optimally.

And yeah SSawney, the sodium can creep up on you. I've begun watching mine too - did you know how much sodium was in a couple of slices of fresh deli meat?! Good for you for becoming aware!