Looking for lesbian friends for support

Options
I'm not new to this site but I am new to the message board community. I've struggled with my weight all my life, but it especially got out of hand a few years ago when I was trying to stay in the closet and be in a heterosexual relationship. I had a very conservative upbringing and coming out was a frightening idea (yeah that still happens). I ate a lot and started drinking more often and was over 230 lbs. at some point and very depressed. I tried leaving and losing weight but still didn't feel like I had control of my life, especially when I was still around my very conservative family circle. So, I left the east coast for Portland, Oregon and so far am very comfortable and happy in my own skin and am ready to take back my body. I'm currently around 215-218 lbs. and am looking for friends (lesbian or just supportive) for support and motivation.

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the boards :) Here's a group that's very friendly, one of the larger ones but there are many others if you click on the search feature. :)http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/22-lgbt
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    I'm not a lesbian, but I'm still pretty cool (modest too heeheehee)
    I'm an Aussie, so I'm pretty easygoing and I love a laugh.
    I'm supportive but I'm a shocking nagger and I'll bug you if you don't log etc
    Ps my name is Karen :)
  • StrawberryDisco
    StrawberryDisco Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the boards :) Here's a group that's very friendly, one of the larger ones but there are many others if you click on the search feature. :)http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/22-lgbt
    I joined already but there doesn't seem to be much activity.
  • gemz500
    gemz500 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Looking for bi friends please add x
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I joined already but there doesn't seem to be much activity.

Oh...sorry to hear that... it used to be pretty active :/
  • learningtolove
    learningtolove Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me ladies.
    Queer mama here :)
  • jkybm1
    jkybm1 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me ladies the more friends the merrier :)(
  • Nikita_rain
    Nikita_rain Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies, looking for another queer for support... Feel free to add me:) more support we have the better to keep each other on track

• Debidonut1971
    Debidonut1971 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey Nikita.... Me n the missus are both on a mission to lose our timber
  • savethewaves
    savethewaves Posts: 11 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Homo here!
  • Debidonut1971
    Options
    Good morning lovely :)
  • mariacastillo27
    mariacastillo27 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Samee
  • voidantics
    voidantics Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    hey, i'm going through and adding people from here! i'm a non-binary, bi-asexual who's in a relationship with a girl so you know... i'm trying to cover all my bases in the queer community :D

@StrawberryDisco ; i'm glad you're in a better place for you now. it sounds like you're so much happier already and it's so nice to see in people from the lgbt+ community.
  • Debidonut1971
    Options
    In my opinion..... You love who you love. Simple and uncomplicated
  • itskazzsjourney
    itskazzsjourney Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Same too...happy to be friends :)
  • cynth_87
    cynth_87 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am a fellow queer. My name is Cynthia, today March 19th 2016 is my first day to my 90 day work out. I am at 200lbs and I am trying to go back down to 120lbs by June 16th. All I can say is, stay positive and try not to give up, because you're only giving up on yourself. Well good luck with your goals.
  • ss_sproul
    ss_sproul Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Nice the see so many fitness oriented fellow-queers! I am new to this site, and hoping to find some motivation from my peers :) Trying to ditch the fat and gain some muscle, so I can improve my rock climbing!
  • wise92815
    wise92815 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Aloha! Lesbian and married, from Hawaii. Would love friends here. Add me :) I have weight to lose and muscle to gain. Let's do this
  • saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Also a lesbian, always looking for supportive friends working to achieve/maintain better health!
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're already on the way to success :) That conservative upbringing can stay with you for a long time. Now that you're living in Stumptown, surround yourself with supportive people. I suspect that weight will fall off because you like YOU. And that's the most important thing of all, at any weight :heart:
    Good luck!