What are the best exercises to get rid of your gut?

Options
See title :P

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Fork put-downs and table pushaways.

The only way to lose your gut is to lose the fat, and that comes by caloric deficit (taking in less than you expend).
  • robs_ready
    robs_ready Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    HIIT
  • revolucia78
    revolucia78 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Fork put-downs and table pushaways.

The only way to lose your gut is to lose the fat, and that comes by caloric deficit (taking in less than you expend).

This. I would add that if you want your gut to look good when the fat goes away (after the cal deficit) then I would incorporate lifting/strength training.
  • robsmy5606rm569
    robsmy5606rm569 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Diet and exercise
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Eating at a deficit. Unfortunately, there is no such thing as fat loss spot reduction.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Eating less, lifting more. Nothing magical behind it. I was 215 pounds over weight. Now I'm 176 with visible abs. That's the secret.
  • JoshLibby
    JoshLibby Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Exercises that use a ton of energy for losing the gut, (although it won't just target your gut) are: Burpees, Circuit weight training. H.I.T (sprints) Jump rope. swimming. Of course intensity of the exercise matters!

A lot of people say eat less! Oh how simple, and that can work, the problem I find is that it's short term, as most people go back to eating like they did previously, this has to be a lifestyle change, do you think you can eat a certain amount of food less, and forever?

My advice is trying to find more time to exercise, and hit the weights to build muscle and eat less food, this combo always seems to be the best choice.. People generally have more time to exercise. A person can burn a lot of calories in 30 minutes.

Use food as a tool to lose fat loss, but not the total variable in doing so. If you needed 500 calories less try to do 250 from a caloric deficit and 250 from an energy deficit, that way you still get to eat an extra meal, It's 500 less regardless and you won't have to worry so much about nutrition . Taking out of 500 calories worth of food is hard on the body, mind and hard to maintain in general. Everyone loves to eat. One slice of pizza is on average 250-300 calories although, 3 ounces of chicken tends to be 190-200(not counting if you use oils), you'll have to figure out what foods you can do without. 3 ounces of chicken is a lot more food than one slice if pizza though, so I would pick calorie dense foods that have no real nutritional value to cut out.

No matter the advice you choose it will be all you, you can choose 500 calories less of food. A mixture of both. Or 500 calories worth of exercise with an energy deficit, but just remember whatever you choose, it will have to be something you can be consistent with, and maintain for the long term.
  • missnolder890
    missnolder890 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    YouTube Jillian Micheal standing abs! I love it bonus is there is no back/ neck strain since you stand the whole time. Of coarse cardio is best for over all fat loss but when I did do this exersise I saw some definition in the chore for sure!
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options