Cleared my mind

Options
Dora_Campbell
Dora_Campbell Posts: 13 Member
edited March 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
Yesterday I did a first...I walked. It felt so awesome to just get out and basically see the world that's outside of my bedroom. It felt good and it definitely put me in a better mood :) I walked for a good 30 minutes and boy did I feel rejuvenated. I was also amazed for the distance I walked, not a speed walker, but I will definately make that my goal. I look forward to doing it again. Now, I'm going to go buy a fitbit so it can count my steps and let me know exactly where I stand. Have a great day everyone. Sending good vibes your way.

Replies

• mochapygmy
    mochapygmy Posts: 2,123 Member
    Options
    A change of scenery is always great for a fresh perspective. I bet the fresh air and post walk endorphins were nice too. Great job!
  • paradi3s
    paradi3s Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Exactly what I felt when I started walking in the morning or at night! Loving the cold air and the outside, compared to the treadmill in the gym lol
    Congratulations on your first walk! May there be more rejuvenating walks to come your way ;-)
  • Dora_Campbell
    Dora_Campbell Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your reply paradi3s ....it encourages me to continue. I am looking forward to making it an everyday occurance and yes it is totally different from they gym. I have found a new love.
    mochapygmy- I guess I'm still on an endorphin high because I am still smiling. :) Thanks for your support.
  • kathrynjean_
    kathrynjean_ Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I find walking does wonders for my mood. If ever I'm feeling really down or low, I try to get out of the house for even just a 10 or 15 minute walk. It really does wonders!
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    I love a good walk outside! I'm fortunate that I live a block from a high school with a very nice, cushioned surface track. It's somewhat elevated, so you get a clear mountain view. I prefer walking there because it's safer than just random through the neighborhood (careless drivers and too much noise). At the track I use that as my mediation time: no phones, no one talking to me, no blaring TVs like at the gym.

Good for you, OP! Keep it up!
  • mdrichardsons
    mdrichardsons Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I love walking! It's what I started with at first but now I can do higher intensity workouts. But I still walk, it's more for my mental and spiritual health. That's awesome you enjoy it! I too have a Fitbit and it does help me to be more active. Also I love putting on my headphones and listening to something that uplifts and encourages me. Like a podcast or something. Keep going you won't regret it!