exercise programs

Options
I want get on an exercise program where I can follow consistently. Right now I'm just going to the gym clueless on what I should be doing. I like to lift , and some cardio. My stats are:
CW-198
GW-160 BY JUNE
My fat goes everywhere so I'm pretty balanced. Any suggestions?

Replies

• KirstieSquats
    KirstieSquats Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    First things first, you should ideally be able to lose a lbs a week; any more than that and you're loosing too fast. So right away seeing that your goal weight is almost 40lbs and you're trying to do it by June it's not very feasible unless you lose too much weight too fast.
    Start eating in a calories deficit, your dedication to eating is what is going to make or break your goals.
  • KirstieSquats
    Options
    This is coming from a person who seriously struggles with the eating side of getting fit and lean :D
    The kitchen is what makes or breaks significant weight loss. You can elliptical yourself into oblivion and you still won't see the same results as you would if you tracked your macros -which is a lot easier than it looks-. :p

Message me or add me for some support/advice whenever you need!
  • beththornton144
    beththornton144 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It is best to alternate what you are working on that day cardio or weights. Do not do weights on consecutive days your muscles need a day in between to heal. Your ratio should be 60% cardio per week 40 % weights. Ie MWF cardio T,TH weights. Change up your exercises on occasion keep your body guessing.
  • nichalsont
    nichalsont Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    My doctor told me losing weight is 90% diet and 10% exercise.
  • KirstieSquats
    Options
    You might benefit from an upper/lower body split. This way of lifting gives you time in between working certain muscles before you go at it again the next time. As stated above, you need to rest your muscles!
    Muscle growth DOES NOT occur in the gym, it happens during your rest when the muscles are repairing themselves. ;)
  • chaney3000
    chaney3000 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Cardio is pretty easy to get going. Spend some time on running, stair climber, elliptical, bike etc.... So that is a good start. The kitchen is where you will lose weight. So get that together first. As far as weight training goes, you could talk with a trainer. You could even sign up for some classes like a body pump or trx or the like.
  • gohamptons
    gohamptons Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Ronivoni wrote: »
    I want get on an exercise program where I can follow consistently. Right now I'm just going to the gym clueless on what I should be doing. I like to lift , and some cardio. My stats are:
    CW-198
    GW-160 BY JUNE
    CW-198
    GW-160 BY JUNE
    CW-198
    GW-160 BY JUNE

• gohamptons
    gohamptons Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    21 Day Fix was what started me on this journey. It's pretty easy, and has a modifier. I lost 17 pounds in 21 days plus eight more by the end of the month. Plus it taught me portion control. Now I'm a fitness junkie. It's basically a challenge. You do the 21 days, 30 minutes a day a different workout every day. Includes cardio, Plyo, yoga and more. Love love love it!!!