Workouts

What are the best belly fat burning workouts?

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,208 Member
    I think this was asked 3 times today. Anyway, all exercises burn body fat. We can't choose where we lose though. Spot reduction is a myth. I'd follow the usual plan of doing strength training, cardio, and a calorie deficit. Do you have access to gym equipment?
  • amurrel1
    amurrel1 Posts: 6 Member
    Cherimoose wrote: »
    I think this was asked 3 times today. Anyway, all exercises burn body fat. We can't choose where we lose though. Spot reduction is a myth. I'd follow the usual plan of doing strength training, cardio, and a calorie deficit. Do you have access to gym equipment?

Yes I do. I go to the gym anywhere from 2 to 4 days a week. Really depends on my schedule.
  • kgj4105
    kgj4105 Posts: 41 Member
    Anything that gets your heart rate up and burns calories is 'fat burning'. Personally, I'm a huge fan of spinning; I'm taking a class right now that's really intense and leaves me feeling so exhausted but so great. And then there's always good old running, and rowing machines.
  • jefferma_1906
    jefferma_1906 Posts: 2 Member
    Also change up your diet and eat more protien! That along with cardio will really help take the fat off
  • Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    I'll give you the standard response to this: Calorie deficit will burn fat, but not in an isolated area. Fat will come off all over rather than in one place. Exercise is for fitness, strength, muscle maintenance purposes rather than shedding fat.
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    kgj4105 wrote: »
    Anything that gets your heart rate up and burns calories is 'fat burning'. Personally, I'm a huge fan of spinning; I'm taking a class right now that's really intense and leaves me feeling so exhausted but so great. And then there's always good old running, and rowing machines.

I have been using the stationary bike at the gym, and really enjoy it. I can't afford a spinning class. What are some of the things you do so I can try them at the gym?
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,208 Member
    Scamd83 wrote: »
    I'll give you the standard response to this: Calorie deficit will burn fat, but not in an isolated area. Fat will come off all over rather than in one place. Exercise is for fitness, strength, muscle maintenance purposes rather than shedding fat.

Exactly that. ^^

For strength training, follow a good program, like NROL4W, Stronglifts, a personal trainer's plan, etc

Cardio isn't necessary for fat loss - all you need is a calorie deficit. :+1:
  • kgj4105
    kgj4105 Posts: 41 Member
    I have been using the stationary bike at the gym, and really enjoy it. I can't afford a spinning class. What are some of the things you do so I can try them at the gym?
    If you can make it to even just one spin class, that can give you a lot of help doing it on your own. Music will make the workout for spinning. Based on the music there's different activities - seated and standing climbs that are based increasing resistance levels, jog/run/sprints based on increasing cadences/rpms, jumps based on sitting and standing to 4 or 8 beat counts, etc. I think there's videos on YouTube to demonstrate and guide you through spinning workouts.
  • troytroy11
    troytroy11 Posts: 180 Member
    Find an exercise or program that you absolutely love. Start gaining that self confidence of being fit first, even if you are already in good shape try and raise the bar. Next watch your diet closely and choose what foods you can do without. The more demand your body hAs to repair your muscles, the more you will want to make the calorie intake count. Because you will need to reduce that intake. Find the useless empty calories and get rid of them. You will reduce your belly measurement as result of that practice.