Green Tea for weight loss

Options
Any other green tea drinkers? Ever since I started my weight loss journey I have been religiously drinking about 3-4 cups a day of Lipton 100% Natural Green Tea with a little bit of Stevia sweetener. Unfortunately i am starting to get a little bit tired of it. Does anybody have any recommendations of other brands or added flavors to try? Looking to change it up a bit.

Replies

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Just eat what you want within your calorie limit to lose weight.

If any food existed on this planet that made you lose weight, Oprah wouldn't be fat. :)
  • lemonlionheart
    lemonlionheart Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Drink whatever tea you like. It doesn't do anything for weight loss.
  • eve0602
    eve0602 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Green tea is meant to be linked to weight loss but there are so many others that also claim this. Maybe go to Holland and Barrets and see if a different tea can help aid your weight loss more than green tea.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    eve0602 wrote: »
    Green tea is meant to be linked to weight loss but there are so many others that also claim this. Maybe go to Holland and Barrets and see if a different tea can help aid your weight loss more than green tea.

No teas aid weight loss. A lot of clever marketing on their part (which people obviously believe, judging by the number of threads here about tea and weight loss), but it's all woo.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Good grief there are any amount of flavours of green tea to try! Where do you usually shop? My current favourite is a salted caramel flavour one (though it's just the smell rather than the taste).
  • bezza666
    bezza666 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Liquorice green tea is nice.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    me, it works
  • BarbaraLillianLamb
    BarbaraLillianLamb Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Slimisin66
    Green tea isawful but I have 1 cup a day.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,499 Member
    Options
    Slimisin66

Then why do you drink it?
    I always have a huge mug of green tea in front of me. The type I drink is much milder than the usual 'black' tea and I sip on it all day - unless I forgot to put in a tea bag and then sip on a mug of hot water :s
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    Slimisin66

Then why do you drink it?
    I always have a huge mug of green tea in front of me. The type I drink is much milder than the usual 'black' tea and I sip on it all day - unless I forgot to put in a tea bag and then sip on a mug of hot water :s

Oh good... I'm not the only one who does silly things like that :open_mouth:

I love green tea. I drink 2-3 cups of it a day. I drank 2-3 cups of it a day before I started actively working on losing weight. It's part of my daily routine.

That said, I never noticed it helping with my weight.

Every so often I'll buy a new type to try out. The supermarket shelves tend to be full of them and it's as simple as picking up a new package to try. Don't like it? throw it. Like it? Buy more of it. There's no point in forcing yourself to drink something you don't particularly like the taste of. :smile:
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I recommend any tea flavor that you like because the tea is not causing weight loss, your calorie deficit is. That thing you heard about green tea once from a friend or a buzzfeed type list simply isn't true.
  • King_Spicy
    King_Spicy Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I love green tea, but not for weight loss. Lipton is very bland flavored, but drinkable. For prepackaged tea bags, I really like Yogi blueberry green tea and a dragonwell green tea. (i can't tell ya the specific brand for the dragonwell tea as it was a few years ago that I had ordered a huge box of it). Lately, I've been drinking loose leaf green tea. Foojoy Extra gunpowder green tea is very strong and to my liking. I just add some honey to it if I want to sweeten it
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Drink whatever tea you like. It doesn't do anything for weight loss.

+1
  • alt5057
    alt5057 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I drink fruity teas because it is something different than water (I drink mine without sweetener, which I can do with green and white teas - usually the fruity ones). If I am craving something sweet at night, I can make up a fruity tea instead of a sugary snack...so I don't drink it FOR weight loss and expecting that to have any effect on how well I lose weight...but it aids weight loss for me since I am swapping it for something that would normally be more calories.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    I like green (or black) chai tea. It's even better mixed with Celestial Seasonings Bengal Spice tea.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I just like green tea. I like all of the ones I've had so far with lemon, I literally have a (partial, since I'm almost done with it) cup of Lipton green tea with purple acai and blueberry. There was one I liked that had pear - I think it might have been Lipton, but I don't remember. I really liked the mandarin orange flavored tea I just finished off a week or so ago. But, the mandarin orange bags weren't individually wrapped, which bothered me a little. Sometimes I just get plain.
  • King_Spicy
    King_Spicy Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I like green (or black) chai tea. It's even better mixed with Celestial Seasonings Bengal Spice tea.

I love black tea, but I don't use it for healthy drinks :lol: I import bags of black tea from Thailand, and use sweet condensed milk to make cha yen (thai milk tea).
  • spookyandslimming
    spookyandslimming Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I like the Twinings Cherry Bakewell green tea, and the Salted Caramel one - they don't taste much like either of those things but they're still nice. Also I drink a lot of Tetley's Raspberry & Pomegranate green tea and Clipper's Mango green tea.
  • ajsawrie
    ajsawrie Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I will preface this by saying that I 100% believe this is the placebo effect in action.

I really feel like I'm losing weight faster when I drink green tea. I drink unsweetened iced green tea, usually 4+ cups of it per day. So what if it's actually doing nothing?? It doesn't hurt me, and it may be helping me. If it makes you feel better, do it! It has no calories and you can even get it in decaf as to avoid jitters (which I don't get).
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Ditto for placebo effect.
    I feel healthy drinking it and motivates me to live a better life.