Any vegans here?

Options
Hey guys!!! Are there any fellow vegans here?? I just made the switch and I'm so happy I did!!

Replies

• redd_87
    redd_87 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Vegan here! There's quite a few in the community, including some groups. Welcome to "the club" :smile:
  • greenalfoil
    greenalfoil Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello! Vegan as well. Congratulations on your change! It will be one of the best decisions you make for yourself, the environment and the animals. Please feel free to message me if you need a hand with anything!
  • moneatsgreen
    moneatsgreen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Vegan! :)
  • moneatsgreen
    moneatsgreen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You can see what I eat on my instagram- @etmoniken. Are there any vegan groups on here?
  • amyjane_g
    amyjane_g Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Vegan.. :)
  • HStheBusyBee
    HStheBusyBee Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Newbie Vegan :)
  • punkrockgoth
    punkrockgoth Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!!! Are there any fellow vegans here?? I just made the switch and I'm so happy I did!!

I'm just going to jump in here and make an assumption based on this and the fact that it's your first post. Also, worth noting for other new vegans who may look at this thread.

A switch to vegan does not automatically = weight loss. There are lots of amazing health, ethical, and sustainability reasons to switch to more plant based foods, but weight loss is not one of them. I hope that this is something you're already aware of, and if not, I hope it doesn't deter you in any way.
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options

I'm just going to jump in here and make an assumption based on this and the fact that it's your first post. Also, worth noting for other new vegans who may look at this thread.

A switch to vegan does not automatically = weight loss. There are lots of amazing health, ethical, and sustainability reasons to switch to more plant based foods, but weight loss is not one of them. I hope that this is something you're already aware of, and if not, I hope it doesn't deter you in any way.

Weight loss surely is one of them, for a lot of people.
  • louise294
    louise294 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Yay there are vegans here!! :) Well, plant based for 2 years, I'm not 100% vegan in all areas of my life but the food is 100%. Nearly at my first stone weight loss through eating vegetables, starches and fruit, I would thoroughly recommend bulking up on veggies as they are very filling and let you stick to the 1200 cals very easily without being hungry
  • SunriseReverie
    SunriseReverie Posts: 27 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I did 90% Vegan for a year. The only thing I craved was eggs. I wasn't able to eat as well as I should. I'd like to slowly get back to it, but I want to keep eggs in my diet. We get our eggs from my mother in law's house, they have chickens. I've been vegetarian for about 10 years now.
  • rsenor
    rsenor Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    A switch to being vegan doesn't automatically mean weight loss, but I find it much easier to drop pounds when I remove all animal products from my diet. I mostly vegan and pay very close attention to where I get my animal products from.
  • kikikiwi18
    kikikiwi18 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Vegan too! I'd love to swap recipes/share daily food logs.
  • xpanda70
    xpanda70 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm about 95% vegan (sometimes inadvertently have dairy or eggs when dining out). I've been vegan for 4 years, for the animals, not the health. So I ate a lot of crap. And gained a bunch of weight (15lbs). En route to fixing that now! one of the great things about this website is that I see now I wasn't getting as much protein as I thought. Fixing that now, too. :)
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    I'm not vegan, but there's a guy on here @BecomingBane who is, and is I'm always impressed at his knowledge on the subject. His comments on the ethical and nutritional aspects of veganism are very valuable if you are looking for some direction. Sorry to call you out Bane :)
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I'm not vegan, but there's a guy on here @BecomingBane who is, and is I'm always impressed at his knowledge on the subject. His comments on the ethical and nutritional aspects of veganism are very valuable if you are looking for some direction. Sorry to call you out Bane :)

No worries.

Also, howdy. ;)