What is the best tasting protein shake?

Options
I would like to drink protein shake in the evening but had really bad taste experience. Does anybody know a real good tasting shake? Did anyone try the Jillian Michaels Shake? I don't want to buy a big container and then find out it just tastes awful.

Replies

• maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Jay Robb Whey Protein Shake. YUMMY!!! I love the tropical dreamsicle and the chocolate, and like the vanilla alot. So- so on the strawberry one, which is the only flavor I don't love.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    I would like to drink protein shake in the evening but had really bad taste experience. Does anybody know a real good tasting shake? Did anyone try the Jillian Michaels Shake? I don't want to buy a big container and then find out it just tastes awful.

I'd say they all have an "acquired" taste, some are just more "acquired" than others. LOL. I'd recommend one fo the following,

1. Biotest Metabollic Drive (they have a low carb version too and it's actually good)
    2. Muscle Milk (the low-carb version is disgusting)
  • ppiinnkkmmoonn
    Options
    jay robb egg white vanilla is the best in the world following eas carb control great in coffee only two i drink
  • angechilada
    angechilada Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    walmart sells a really good body fortress flavored whey protein. I really like the vanilla flavor the most, but I've also tried chocolate. It tastes best if you mix it with unsweetened almond milk (if you're not allergic). unsweetened almond milk only has 40 calories a serving and it helps the protein blend better, and it makes the chocolate flavor taste a lot better if you like chocolate—it tastes just like chocolate milk!
  • OneFitMom_
    OneFitMom_ Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Love Dymatize or Body Fortress!
  • carpar1
    carpar1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    My favorite protein powders are SDC About Time Vanilla, and Jay Robb Vanilla. I usually add a little fruit w/ unsweetened vanilla almond milk ( Almond Breeze brand). My favorite is to add a frozen banana w/ the protein powder & almond milk.
  • MIAVIP
    MIAVIP Posts: 8
    Options
    I love the Premier Nutrition - Chocolate Shake. I definitely recommend it. Sold mostly at Costco. You really don't taste the protein in it. I find it extremely refreshing after my workouts at the gym and it has 30g of protein!
  • McBody
    McBody Posts: 1,703 Member
    Options
    Muscle Milk cookies and cream... I mix it with almond milk; cook it into pancakes; bake it into cookies; and put a scoop on my cereal. I love it.
  • chizzledfrmstone
    Options
    The best tasting proteins I've ever used are:

Gaspari Myofusion, BSN Syntrax, and Xtreme Formulations Ultra Peptide 2.0

All 3 are top rated protein products.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    I really like the EAS Whey Protein powder chocolate flavor, vanilla is not bad either. I mix it with skim milk and a banana. You can add ice for more froth. I will use the frappe setting on the blender to make it frothe. You can find the mix at Target, Sam's Club or Giant in the nutrition isle.
  • asallen7
    asallen7 Posts: 301
    Options
    walmart sells a really good body fortress flavored whey protein. I really like the vanilla flavor the most, but I've also tried chocolate. It tastes best if you mix it with unsweetened almond milk (if you're not allergic). unsweetened almond milk only has 40 calories a serving and it helps the protein blend better, and it makes the chocolate flavor taste a lot better if you like chocolate—it tastes just like chocolate milk!

This one is good. I prefer chocolate over vanilla though and agree with the comments about drinking it will almond milk. I also throw in a liitle pb and banana. Simply divine.

I've tried the Jillian Michaels one. It will do in a crunch, but its not the best tasting in my book.
  • peteyTwang
    peteyTwang Posts: 250
    Options
    i just drink the only ones I ever tasted... EAS Myoplex VANILLA and CHOCOLATE have not tried any others
    i like the vanilla better but i really don't drink either of them for the taste...

how do you guys rate them against the ones you posted?
  • janeosu
    janeosu Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I love the EAS carb control shakes in chocolate. Drink them everyday!
  • _Jessica_
    _Jessica_ Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Ptimum nutrition from GNC 100% whey. I like the choc ones.. cookies in cream is not very good but works for baking. I tried muscle milk and it leaves an ungodly taste in my mouth... yuck.
  • Biggipooh
    Biggipooh Posts: 350
    Options
    Thanks a lot guys, now I have an idea of what to buy.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    If you go to a health food store like GNC or Vitamin Shoppe you can usually find some sample sizes so you can try them before buying the huge jugs. Whey protein is considered the best type of protein. Muscle Milk and others are casein protein. Here's a link that provides very good info.

http://www.proteinreport.com/