i need a pep talk...

Options
this morning i woke up, went the bathroom and weighed myself.
it was def. not what i wanted to see. after i got out of the shower and was getting dressed, all i thought about was the scale. when i thought about it, i was disgusted.

i'm really getting frustrated with this entire thing bc now for some reason, it seems i'm plateauing. its so irritating but i know i need to stay on it.

someone help me please!

Replies

• HISjuggalette061808
    Options
    it was def. not what i wanted to see. after i got out of the shower and was getting dressed, all i thought about was the scale. when i thought about it, i was disgusted.

i'm really getting frustrated with this entire thing bc now for some reason, it seems i'm plateauing. its so irritating but i know i need to stay on it.

someone help me please!
  • wavenwink
    Options
    don't sweat it., Your doing great, don't give up!!:happy:
  • bethany169
    Options
    If you're really "disgusted", use that as motivation to get out the door and exercise, that's what I do. Hang in there, you can do it!!
  • brookefoley
    brookefoley Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    how often are you weighing yourself? I feel that way too if I weigh too often. Maybe it's best to only weigh yourself once a week so it's a true measure of your progress.
  • crazybigchick
    Options

someone help me please!

I am the queen of Plateaus. It goes in spurts. If you just stick to it the weight will start to come off again! Also even when you aren't dropping on the scale your body is still shrinking. Do your measurements once a month and you will see a huge difference. Hang in there and go for a nice long walk!
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Don't be discouraged. To do this right, takes time. You just have to accept that it's not going to happen overnight. First of all, GET RID OF THAT SCALE.

Stress and frustration increase cortisol levels which contribute to your body holding onto fat. So, feeling that way is counter productive. If the scale is stressful, don't use it. Get a tape measurer and take your measurements once a month.

Other than that, concentrate on making healthy changes to your lifestyle. Make one change at a time, get into that habit and then add the next change. If you do that, the weight loss will come naturally:

Drink a lot of water
    Use MFP to record everything that goes into your mouth so that you can start making educated choices
    Eat breakfast every day
    Eat often (5 or 6 small meals a day)
    Eat mostly fresh fruit, veggies, lean meats, healthy fats and whole grains.
    Eliminate refined sugar and flour
    Exercise at least 30 minutes a day, even if it's just a moderate walk
    Get plenty of sleep

Never allow yourself to become disgusted with yourself. Feel proud of the progress you've made not disgusted that it's not as far as you wanted. Any progress towards a healther life is a great acheivement. It's not all about what the scale says.

You're young and healthy and smart enough to know that you want to change. I've read your profile and you've got a great reason to want to do this. I know you can:flowerforyou:
  • aeswan
    aeswan Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with everything lessertess says, except the Get Rid of the Scale--
    I once read an article about habits that many thin people have, and one of them is weighing themselves consistently. I find it helps me stay more in control if I weigh in every couple of days just to check up on myself. I have a day for my official weekly weigh-in, and on other days I do informal weighs just to see how I'm doing. If I have a 'heavy' day, it motivates me to eat well, exercise and drink lots of water. And helps keep things in check sooner than if I wait for my pants to get tight!

Hang in there!