Brand new and ready to rock & roll!

Options
Hey everyone, I'm new here but not new to the chubbies :(. Need tons of support as I am a comfort food eater. I NEED this gone. Not before a specific date or special event but for life. Any tips would be helpful and I'm not a one sided supporter. I'll support you too!
Heidi

Replies

• Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! This is a great place for support and inspiration.
  • CoachKaren
    CoachKaren Posts: 90
    Options
    Welcome aboard! GO GET IT!
  • triciap79
    triciap79 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! My best advice to you is to set realistic goals, don't beat yourself up over minor mishaps, allow for an indulgence every once in while, track your progress and come here for support whenever neccessary. There are always healthier ways to cook and prepare your favorite comfot foods. Many recipes here on this site. I wish you the best of luck. Congrats on working towards a healthier you.
  • superjae5
    superjae5 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    As a comfort food eater, you're probably not going to be able to perfectly stop eating food when needing comfort. ;) I'm a snacker, and before it was candy. Now I do fruits and veggies (apparently in Weight Watchers those don't count against you, I mean if they're raw) among other things. I chew a lot of gum, gives me the illusion of sugar without actually being sugar. I also get the 100 calorie popcorn bags--you can get butter or kettlecorn. Popcorn is filling, so your 100 calories will go further. It often helps me make it through the 2-5pm stint until dinner.

Also, drink lots of water! It will keep you full longer so you don't get cravings as frequently. It's like magic sometimes. But you came to the right place, with MFP and the support here you can totally do this!
  • Statari
    Statari Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My best advice would be to set specific goals. I have tried to lose weight and get in shape before but it's never worked. "Someday" is far too easy to give up on. A series of small, specific goals help you to not get so bummed out.
  • mazzmoo
    mazzmoo Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have just started using this too and its great! Seeing how well other people have done really inspires me...just got to be kept inspired...
  • mazzmoo
    mazzmoo Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have just started using this too and its great! Seeing how well other people have done really inspires me...just got to be kept inspired...
  • Unbreakable360
    Options
    ...heck yeah....keep on ROCKIN it...!!!!....welcome aboard....