New

Options
I just turned 39 I seem to lose weight on no carbs but it's hard to stay that way. Any advice

Replies

• 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Yes. Skip the strict diets that set you up for failure, set up mfp with your data, and start out for a week of logging without a weight loss goal. That way you get used to the concepts. After a week, set a goal of losing .5 pounds per week for every 25 you are over goal.

Get out there and eat real food. Make your macros and you micros, and you will lose weight.
  • nimc2
    nimc2 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I agree with 6502programmer. I started off by just logging in everything i was eating, and let me tell you that alone helped me out a lot. I just started back up and I am hoping that this time i can stick to it. Im not on any specific diet because i want to be able to eat everything just in the right way. I wish i had better advice for you but im just learning, good luck you can do this.
  • kfm6
    kfm6 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    leahlowrey wrote: »
    I just turned 39 I seem to lose weight on no carbs but it's hard to stay that way. Any advice

Hi. I've lost 34 pounds. I am trying to lose any additional 25 to 30 pounds. I have changed my eating habits (whole foods / avoid processed foods) and included regular workouts (elliptical, cycling and weight training). However, I've hit a plateau and I am trying to break through it. Friend me if you'd like provide mutual support to reach our goals. I'm happy to share what worked for me and what didn't.

Good luck.

Kevin
  • leahlowrey
    leahlowrey Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I need to see if I can find a work out that I can do at home