Why is his assy so gassy?

Options
ok so I have a gentlemen that works out at my gym and every now and then he is on the machine right next to mine, well today I did the stair master and its the first time I actually see him use it, again he was on the one next to mine, I noticed him looking over at me and kinda had a smile on his face more than once and so I thought maybe my shoes were squeaky or something was going on that I couldn't hear.. so I paused my ipod for about 15 min to see if maybe someone was saying something and it was his *kitten* making all the noise.. lol no wonder he was looking at me (to see if I had heard it!) omg he grossed me out. So anyway I did my time on that machine and moved over to the treadmill, he would have gone next to me only I made sure and used one where the others were busy on both sides and again he must have a problem or something because it actually smelled. How do I bring this up to the staff without sounding stupid? I mean what can they do right? not only that but when he starts to sweat he smells like wet towel.. I hadn't seen him for a while since I have been going early but I guess its the only thing to do in order to avoid him and his offensive smells.. what would you do? bring it up or let it go?

Replies

• WWhitaker
    WWhitaker Posts: 309
    Options
    Let it go and laugh. LOL....seriously....let. it. go...get it?
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Let it go and laugh. LOL....seriously....let. it. go...get it?

Laughing at this so totally gives away Im online at work! lol

Let it go, anytime you workout in a public place you will be subjected to others issues. he is trying to improve himself, he may also have IBS or another medical issue. Though I did read a post awhile back on people getting gassy (from both ends) while working out... I dont have that issue though thank goodness~
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but this is the funniest rant I've heard in a while, LOL! I don't know what to tell you except avoid him... I don't think the gym staff is going to want to discriminate against people with gastric problems :tongue:
  • Alacey88
    Alacey88 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Personally I would have some spray with me so I can "clean the air" with. If he starts to follow you around, I would bring it up to the staff. To be brutally honest that would be a turn-off he was trying to 'impress you' by using the same machine as you....

I would just let it go and move on...
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    It's a fart, not like he tried to kindnap you....
  • mexigrl64
    mexigrl64 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm sure this is funny for us to read - but likely not for the poor person with this issue, can you imagine? Very often people with IBS or Crohn's Disease will have symptoms similar to this. Crohn's disease is no joke, it is painful and embarassing. I feel very sorry for anyone that has to go through something like this, how awful.

I also would not recommend "spraying" anything as many people have issues with scents and usually gyms would not approve of that. The gym can not discriminate and there is nothing that they can do. I would just avoid the machines or the area where he is as much as possible.
  • ladybugz_247
    ladybugz_247 Posts: 120
    Options
    lol true.. but its just gross, when we are tired we breath heavier and I don't want to be smelling someones *kitten* when I am breathing heavy.. its just gross I don't care if he is farting but its the smell that gets to me.. I have my Ipod on all the time so I won't hear it but today I just wanted to see what was going on.. I always tell my kids to fart in the restroom if people are around I just don't see how people think its ok to let it out in public..
  • potluck965
    potluck965 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Have a little container with some Vicks Vapo Rub in it and discreetly put some just under your nose. It will kill just about any smell.

Poor guy probably can't help it.
  • ladybugz_247
    ladybugz_247 Posts: 120
    Options
    Thank you soo much this is such a good idea =)
    Have a little container with some Vicks Vapo Rub in it and discreetly put some just under your nose. It will kill just about any smell.

Poor guy probably can't help it.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    lol true.. but its just gross, when we are tired we breath heavier and I don't want to be smelling someones *kitten* when I am breathing heavy.. its just gross I don't care if he is farting but its the smell that gets to me.. I have my Ipod on all the time so I won't hear it but today I just wanted to see what was going on.. I always tell my kids to fart in the restroom if people are around I just don't see how people think its ok to let it out in public..

Have a little compassion. Some people really can't help it (as others have mentioned - this can be due to various medical conditions, some very serious) and would spend all day in the bathroom if they followed your rules. Unless he's acting like a teenage boy and giggling/laughing about passing gas, chances are he's embarrassed and hoping no one noticed.

The Vicks Vapo rub is a great suggestion.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Lawdy Lawdy lawdy! You wouldn't want to smell me in the middle of a WOD and being in ketosis!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • stephlake
    stephlake Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Last week I was at the gym and woman on the machine next to me kept coughing and hacking with her mouth wide open and making what I can best describe as growling noises. She stunk from heavy cigarette use and I could hear her OVER my ipod. It was very distracting and quite frankly, my social filter is broken. I decided it was best that I stop my program, clean my machine and move down 5 feet. Had I not taken immediate action I probably would have freaked out on her if she spit coughed in my direction one more time. When I felt her staring at me I turned and made direct eye contact back. She did not try to stare me down again. Was I rude? I don't think so. I didnt make a huge announcement or go get a floor assistant. However, I am not going to ruin my concentration because of anothers persons ailment. Whether it's not a fault of their own (IBS) or like this woman (and possibly your fartin' Martin) who are just gross.

Ps.. Your dude sounds CREEPY!!
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    My farts smell like roses, and my body odor when sweating is that of fresh cinnamon.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'm so jealous of people who can completely control their farts and burps and stuff.

I try. Really. But sometimes they just sneak up on me, especially while running. And if I'm on a treadmill, I'm not going to be able to pause the machine, hop off and get into the ladies room before the bell rings. All I can do is hope it's not horrendous. And try to position myself nearest the ceiling fans.
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    For the past few days with TOM I haven't been going to the toilet very regular and the only way I can describe my bum gas is EGGY. It's really gross. I hold them in, but a couple squeezed out while jogging earlier. Good job I was alone. My poor dog! However I alwaysss burp when exercising.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    You could always make a necklace out of a "magic tree" air freshener.... better yet pin it to his butt.
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I couldn't hold it in =( lol. He obviously is attracted to you if he keeps using the machine next to you. I wouldn't have the nerve if I smelled. My least favorite is the grunters.... a little grunt I get, but when it's at the top of their lungs.... whatever. You just want attention...FAIL.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I couldn't hold it in =( lol. He obviously is attracted to you if he keeps using the machine next to you. I wouldn't have the nerve if I smelled. My least favorite is the grunters.... a little grunt I get, but when it's at the top of their lungs.... whatever. You just want attention...FAIL.

Wait... grunting while lifting, or grunting while farting?! :laugh:
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options

Wait... grunting while lifting, or grunting while farting?! :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • JThomas61
    JThomas61 Posts: 892
    Options

LMAO