Post partuam 1 year, the journey continues

Options
1 year pp, lost 15 of the 35 I've gained during pregnancy, taking it slow, wanting to keep healthy and keep breastfeeding, work out time can be challenging to find & get motivated with lack of sleep. Trying to eat better...anyone else stuck, I've maintained the same weight since my LO turned 6 months old....

Replies

• stephanie20314
    stephanie20314 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    You're not alone. I sent you a friend request.
  • love2lift_85
    love2lift_85 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling. Baby #2 is due in July, and I never quite lost all of the weight I gained with #1!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    You think you have it bad ... my kids are pushing 30 and I haven't lost the weight!
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    It took me until my son was 4 to get the motivation to lose the weight.
  • DaneshiaThePrincess
    Options
    Thanks guys! When I was younger I lost 20 pounds in high school, I was chubby after puberty hit, wasn't active & ate junk just crapy foods & so I changed, diet & exercise vowing to be better at what I ate & I was for every since then. In one summer I lost 20 pounds all on my own. When i was pregnant I thought back to that time & thought, well yes I was a lot younger & my body is a lot different now, but I did it once, I can do it again, I will be back to my old size by the time shes one. I had unrealistic expectations, add in the fact the my mom barley gained any weight while pregnant with me and was back in her old jeans just a few months later I was told, I was like yes, that'll probably be me, I don't eat that bad, and if I do I'll just go workout. But with a house, husband and baby to take care of, that was like crazy hard at first, its easier to take time for me now that shes bigger. But I eat a lot healthier now, but struggle with portion control, I love food lol. & that was always ok, I never had to think about calories really anymore as long as I stayed away from junk foods, I could eat what I wanted, when I wanted, and how much I wanted, and maintain my weight easily. Keeping in mind I was very active always doing dance, ballet or acrobatics, gymnastics, or just going to the gym...(I don't eat meat, diary, or gelatin, but eat & love all seafood) Now having to watch what I eat to loose the weight is a big change, maintaining is what my body is good at, and making it loose is tough! I really am grateful for this app for networking some new motivation buddies & ppl to share stories with of their own journeys to health ♡