slight , maybe minor. OH bugger it Blowout

Ok so for the last week ive been REALLY good with my food. until last night. A combination of things like not enough during the day and my other half not being home last night. SOOOOOO disappointed with myself. But today im back on track and im just HOPING like hell im still going to loose some weight this week. My weigh in is on monday.

Please note that all yesterday until last night id been really good with my food to.

How do you combat blowouts.

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    just move on, its life, you gotta eat bad sometimes, just the next day just move on.
  • rrsuthy
    rrsuthy Posts: 236 Member
    I accept it and move on. One blown meal doesn't mean a blown week or a blown day. I've had days where I just couldn't stop eating and the next day was a new day so I started over. If I have a bad lunch, I'll try to make up for it with extra exercise. If I blow dinner, well, I just start new the next day.
  • Crazyjoe11
    Crazyjoe11 Posts: 83
    That made me laugh! We've all been there - just get on track tomorrow and have a little less than normal. Good luck!
  • elsham
    elsham Posts: 549 Member
    it happens. tomorrow is a new day, every day is a chance for a fresh start. this actually made me feel better. i think i had about 4000 calories today, but good to know that i'm not the only one dealing with "messing up." WE CAN DO THIS!!! I'll do well tomorrow if you do well too ;)
  • jaca
    jaca Posts: 25
    Thanks guys. thats what im doing. Going to have a little less then i normally would and just be damn good for the rest of the week. and well every other week.
  • bombus
    bombus Posts: 44 Member
    Hey! We've all done it.

I do my best not to get maudlin about it, pick myself up, do a bit of extra exercise and move on. It's easy to get bogged down with what you didn't do but look at what you did do. You stayed on track for all that time. I think reading over your post again might give you an idea of some of the triggers ..... feeling alone perhaps, a bit tired, in need of a boost. If you can identify why you're having a blowout then you'll be able to change the habit.

Above all else, remember you're learning a new skill - it takes practice. Apply the 80:20 rule and you've got room for movement.

Best of luck with your weight loss goals. Add me as a friend if you like.
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Maybe drink more water than usual too.
  • jaca
    jaca Posts: 25
    Maybe drink more water than usual too.

Good idea will do that to
  • katpack
    katpack Posts: 2 Member
    Also consider what made you blow it? Were you stressed? What was the trigger? Anything you can do to counter that feeling or issue? My Dh sometimes will be the catlyst. While I appreciate him thinking of me and bringing me a glass of wine or a bowl of popcorn. I asked him to ask me first because I need his help sticking to my plan and I think it's so sweet that he thought of me I just drink or eat what he brings me but sometimes I don't have any cals left to eat for the day.