4 month Stall. Is this normal.

Options
I Am 4 months out of my sleeve surgery. I had great momentum and had lost 50 lbs the first 3 months. I seem to have haunted my weight loss completely and don't understand why. For the last 3 weeks I have not lost anything!!! I haven't changed my eating habits and made it a point to increase my activity, still nothing. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong so I can get back to loosing like I should be? Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
  • HamsterManV2
    HamsterManV2 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Try lowering your intake by another 100-200 calories, and see how that affects you and the scale (give it 2 weeks). All things being equal, an additional 100-200 calories off should get those numbers moving again.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you have been eating at maintenance for the 4 months, a small adjustment down will see you losing again.
  • KNewer88
    KNewer88 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I just went through a frustrating 3 month stall. My body was still changing, slimming down and toning and building muscle... but it was still frustrating to feel like I wasn't getting anywhere. However, I finally started losing again this month. Dropped 5lbs in two weeks all of a sudden.

Sometimes you just need to give your body a little bit of time. You lost 50lbs in 4 months, that's freaking amazing! If you've increased your activity, you may be trading fat for muscle and staying at a static weight. Losing isn't linear, it goes up and down and it is extremely frustrating but you just need to give it time and keep doing what you're doing, it'll start falling off again.

Or, if you feel something isn't right you can always go back to the Dr. that did your sleeve and ask him or the dietitian that set your nutrition for you to tweak your diet if you're really worried :smile: