Allergies

Options
Kirstylloyd93
Kirstylloyd93 Posts: 5 Member
I am just wondering if anyone else struggles with nut, dairy and egg allergy like myself?

Replies

• 20likenow
    20likenow Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My son does! Therefore I don't cook with it or have it in the house.
  • TaraTall
    TaraTall Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Not an allergy but I'm celiac and lactose intolerant. So I can certainly appreciate the challenges,
  • Kirstylloyd93
    Kirstylloyd93 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Allergies are so frustrating especially with losing weight...they promote eggs, nuts and milk so much! Everything with protein in it like shakes and snack bars all have milk
  • 20likenow
    20likenow Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I agree. They do have allergy friendly bars but they are very expensive and hard to find. We do a lot of turkey meat and chicken with vegetables. They have "wow butter" that I buy and is made with soy, I like it.
  • jiujitsuandwaffles
    jiujitsuandwaffles Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm deathly allergic to peanuts and tree nuts. I'm also allergic to pectin and I'm lactose intolerant.
    I've found a brand of protein powder that has none of these ingredients in their products except maybe milk, and only trace amounts, (I take a lactose pill so I'm okay) it's called PEScience. I LOVE it!! I use the Wowbutter in my recipes for peanut butter substitutes and I've found that Walden Farms International has a lot of things that are zero calorie and are safe for people with allergies. Protein bars are hard to find, I just stick with some Special K bars and then making my own with protein powder. There are tons of recipes on pinterest if you're interested. Sorry for the overload of info, just thought I'd share! :)
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    You can get rice or pea or hemp protein powder.
    Have you ever made beef jerky?
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/beef-jerky-recipe.html
    Also consider some vegan recipes (no milk /no eggs) that include bean dishes:
    http://www.thegardengrazer.com/2014/12/50-awesome-vegan-black-bean-recipes.html
  • prodigywithapen
    prodigywithapen Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of allergies! The list includes:
    Mint
    Honey
    Milk (lactose intolerant)
    Iron pills (yes, my body is actually allergic to iron)
  • Lindafaye29
    Lindafaye29 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a strange allergy. I am allergic to vinegar! Almost everything has vinegar in it! Plus a lot of weight loss sites promote it as being helpful! I can't eat very many prepackaged foods or condiments because of it! Anyone out there have any recipes/ideas/substitutes etc?
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Mine is shellfish. So it doesn't really affect my everyday eating. It's just mostly sad.
  • Madelinec117
    Madelinec117 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Mine is eggs and tomatoes. It's amazing how many foods have eggs or use tomatoes to make the sauce. It can be challenging at times.
  • draco706
    draco706 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    corn, soy, mushrooms, peppers and eggplant...