weight is creeping up the scale :(

Options
taylorgouldie
taylorgouldie Posts: 13 Member
edited March 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
ive been losing weight for quite a while now id lost about 3stone 6pounds which im proud of. However I realised I was not drinking no where near enough Water. So three days ago Iive stated drinking at least 1.5 litres a day, doing baby steps. Also started doing 30 day shred level 3 dvd again. Since all this I have gained 4lbs in 3days im very confused and disheartened. My diet havent really changed, I have introduced a lil more fruit on my breakfast etc. Someone please help. :(

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    water retention from the new exercise...or TOM...too much sodium perhaps.

It can take up to 2 weeks for it to go away...don't worry about it.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    It's just retained water. Give it a few days it will drop back off.
  • taylorgouldie
    Options
    Definitely not TOM I just worry that its gonna go up and up :( and wont go back down again.
  • katej37
    katej37 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    1lb of water is the same as 1lb of fat. If you have increased your water intake then this will affect the scales until your body gets used to it.
  • taylorgouldie
    Options
    This extra weight if its caused by water will if fall off of will i have to work it off like the rest. Just cconstantly feel bloated andthat my belly now protrudes :(.
  • gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Watching the scale change can wig some people out, but keep in mind that your body's weight can fluctuate up to several pounds in single day. Some simple advice:
    • Weigh less often, if weighing daily is stressing you out. More important than your day-to-day weight is the overall trend, and as long as you're staying steady on a week-to-week basis, you'll be fine.
    • If you need to weigh daily for peace of mind, use an app that gives you an average. I used Trendweight linked to Fitbit; a lot of people use Happy Scale, which I haven't tried.
    • Use different metrics. Look at how your clothes fit or your fitness gains for signs of improvement, rather than scale number.
    • Stay the course. Getting more restrictive could make you more likely to binge, but not counting calories or exercising out of frustration isn't a good idea either. Three days is in no way indicative of a trend. Give it weeks.

If you feel bloated and uncomfortable, look at what you changed in your diet that may have caused that. Maybe you're drinking too much water. That 8-glasses-a-day thing is an exaggeration; you don't have to drown yourself to be well-hydrated.
  • taylorgouldie
    Options
    I was steadly losing weight before all this. Like I said I havent altered my diet bar the water and a banana at breakfast.
  • mwood1234
    mwood1234 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    is your picture current? Are you still trying to lose? You look pretty trim. Sounds like water bloat. My weight fluctuates through out the week like that. Some days I drink over a gallon of water and I get bloated. I started taking a water pill in the mornings and it's helps but I pee like 12 times a day! LOL The scale showed a 3 lb increase one day and the next day it was gone.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    A banana is converted into energy for your brain and muscles very quickly. It's a high GI food. It tastes good, is easy to carry and is easy to clean up. The problem is, it lets your body go a few hours without converting fat to energy. That brief daily respite in fat burning adds up.
  • taylorgouldie
    Options
    Yeah my profile pic was a couple of weeks ago, I only wanna lose another ten pounds and tone up the wobbly bits hence 30 day shred at level three.