any barefoot runner here

Options
hey just started switching to barefoot running style with five fingers :) any soulamte here?

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I run barefoot indoors (treadmill), and on the local track. Otherwise, I run in Brooks minimals. Start slowly!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I live in NYC. No way !
  • Azercord
    Azercord Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I tired it on and off for years but I'm just too dang flatfooted, still use them in the gym though love the floor contact.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    I usually wear Vibram FiveFingers as my day to day shoes, and most of the time when I jog. I mainly started wearing them as they seemed the most stable thing to do for lifting, but they ended up feeling more comfortable than regular shoes.
    I wish there was a better option for them when it is wet or snowy.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I wear them for hiking and around the house. That's about it. I tried running and stuff in them but it didn't work out for me and wasn't worth trying to get comfortable running in them. I lift in the occasionally but prefer chucks.
  • rachel5576
    rachel5576 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Yep I ran a 50 miler in them. Love them <3
  • troytroy11
    troytroy11 Posts: 180 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    If it is late night or early morning when there is no traffic then I will run or take a long walk on the street barefoot. It feels so much better. Most of the time I will just run through the bosque (small forest by the river) am for that the feet need more protection from sharp sticks and rocks.
    I still love that cold pavement hittingy feet feeling while my legs, core, and lungs are on fire.
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Barefoot runner here. I run on all types of surfaces but trail running is my real passion. I've been running barefoot for 3 years, 600+miles/year. If the ground is too hot, I wear huaraches.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    i ran barefoot on my treadmill one time, it was interesting.
  • troytroy11
    troytroy11 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Early mornings twice a week I will do a series of sprints on the street pavement barefoot. There is no doubt that I get more out of that particular exercise by running barefoot.