enjoying little indulgences with more focus

Options
mom23nuts
mom23nuts Posts: 636 Member
Didn't know where to put this topic, but I think it may apply here.

When I do have little indulgences, I enjoy them and give them more purposeful focus rather than blindly eating things in a flash and not even remembering them at all, like I once used to.

Replies

• 75poundgoal
    75poundgoal Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    mom23nuts wrote: »
    Didn't know where to put this topic, but I think it may apply here.

When I do have little indulgences, I enjoy them and give them more purposeful focus rather than blindly eating things in a flash and not even remembering them at all, like I once used to.

I like this a lot. I need to learn to do better in this regard.
  • mom23nuts
    mom23nuts Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    So many people told me, give up pizza (it was my son's birthday party) or the occasional night out for Chinese food and my daughter was selling girl scout cookies....you can have it....just not all of it and not all at once. You have to live life a little.

Being more mindful is hard, but knowing what each food costs in terms of the calories I had to burn to build it in...I have no choice to make valued decisions and savor EVERY DARN CRUMB!
  • RadiantChange
    RadiantChange Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with the added thought...As long as it is real whole food...Then I enjoy each and every morsel. Important post!
  • vannyn42
    vannyn42 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I plan the indulgences now so that I don't feel guilty. Was able to order a slice of cheesecake this past weekend and ate half for dessert and then the other half the next day. Usually, I would just eat the whole slice, but because I was more mindful, I enjoyed it more and was very satisfied with just half.
  • MrsLong1980
    MrsLong1980 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    vannyn42 wrote: »
    I plan the indulgences now so that I don't feel guilty. Was able to order a slice of cheesecake this past weekend and ate half for dessert and then the other half the next day. Usually, I would just eat the whole slice, but because I was more mindful, I enjoyed it more and was very satisfied with just half.

Yes! This, totally! Mindfulness ... *kitten* hard but bloody brilliant :)
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Absolutely agree, if its high calorie and it isn't totally delicious I won't eat it. Gone are the days when I eat a slice of cake for the sake of eating it, it has to be amazing or after the first bite it I'll leave the rest.

e.g yesterday at lunch I chose a wafer bar at my mums, one bite told me it was blah and I didn't eat it.
  • LauriePar
    LauriePar Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    That may be one of the biggest lessons I have learned on my journey- being mindful of what I eat.
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    I completely agree! It has to be something I really want and I seem to take more time and really enjoy things now instead of mindlessly eating (or drinking). My 2 Dove dark chocolate squares are surprisingly satisfying. And, the 4 oz. of Fireball is savored instead of slammed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!