SAHM looking for motivational buddy on eating healthy and exercise

Options
Lara_z
Lara_z Posts: 94 Member
edited March 2016 in Motivation and Support
Hi all
I'm looking to change my unhealthy lifestyle of eating junk and sugar laden foods and no exercise.
I would like to start eating healthy and doing some exercise to become fit and tone up a bit.
Would like a buddy for support and motivation who is in a similar situation.
I'm 29 years old from the North West. Mother of two toddlers. Currently a stay at home mom.
I joined the gym a few months ago but never went so cancelled the membership.

I'm looking to eat healthy and do some exercises at home looking at YouTube videos and go out for brisk walks for some cardio. Would love friends for motivation to keep me on the right track.

Replies

• Cheriels82
    Cheriels82 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Hi I am also a sahm of two kids (2 and 4). I do Jillian workouts at home as they are relatively short (20-40 min) and intense enough to get results add me as a friend if you like
  • anyatur8
    anyatur8 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello, yes I am also looking for a support system. I am able to stick to things for two weeks but I cave in afterwards. Would love to have a buddy system.
  • happy2312
    happy2312 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am also a SAHM. I eat well mostly, my weakness though is flavoured coffee drinks. I do not get enough exercise and find myself making excuses not too. My worst excuses are too tired and don't feel like leaving the house! Pretty poor excuses really when written down and thought about. I too would like a bit of support and motivation. My family mean well but like to have temptations available at every visit. Yesterday it was home made pizza plus doughnuts, find it hard to resist and find that the one day a week I spwnd with family undoes a lot of my goodoeating during the week. Would never swap weight loss for spending time with family, just need to be stronger with my food choices on visits. Bit hard yesterday when pizza was only food on offer for lunch but really I could have declined the doughnut! ! Anyway, if you would like to add me it would be great to have others to share my weight loss journey with :-)
  • Sum1sweeta
    Sum1sweeta Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am also looking for support and motivation. I'm rapidly putting on unwanted weight as I can't stop binging in carbs and anything sweet- this usually happens in the evenings or when I'm bored. I need to take control and stick to a healthy meals and exercise. I have recently downloaded the CK25 running app and hoping to start tomorrow morning. Wish me luck lol. I also live in north west and will give you some motivation ☺
  • happy2312
    happy2312 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Evening snacking, the hardest to resist. I always have date and cacao balls in the freezer and will take one of those out at night after Miss2 goes to bed and will sit with my hot cacao drink and watch TV or jump on the laptop and relax. I used to exercise late evening when I had the time to myself but I found that the buzz of it would keep me awake until after midnight and then would be cranky mummy the next day due to lack of sleep! I have tried exercising with Miss2 around but usually end up dealing with attention seeking or her wanting to join in like jumping all over me and climbing on me when I am trying to do yoga or calesthetics.Can't wait for the cooler months so I can get out for more walks. I can not stand heat, even today I am sweating and its only 28° . I am one to walk around all winter in shorts and shirt, so love the colder months.
  • Piperx222
    Piperx222 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm in the same boat, started back on the healthy eating and exercising a couple weeks ago. I have a 3 year old and an 8 month old and work from home (naps, nights, weekends as the boys allow). I would get so run down that I would just grab anything to keep me going - sugar is my weakness not to mention now that I'm home all day the kitchen is RIGHT THERE. I've been trying my best to plan my days ahead on what I'm going to eat or at least have an idea so I don't stray too much. Also, on days that a full work out isn't going to happen I try to get moving with the kids. Grab the stroller and head to the mall if it's not nice outside, play hop tag with my 3 year old, etc. Just to keep myself moving :)

Anyone can feel free to add me.
  • Jess_Weatherton4
    Jess_Weatherton4 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am on the same journey as you.
    Was in great shape before my first born who is now 3 & then was on my way to getting back in shape before my second born who is 1. And after second pregnancy just let it go. I wanted results right away and when they didn't come I would give up.
    I am a stay at home mom as well. I just started eating better, so I really hope to stick to this.
    Good luck to you all :)
  • tking181
    tking181 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am also 29 and a mother of two! I would love to join your "support group" I could use some motivation!!
  • shan_sel
    shan_sel Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hey love! I'm 30 and a SAHM of 7. Yep, 7. Lol Hubby and I started young. Any who, I go to the gym 4-5 days a week and do cardio 6 days a week. Feel free to add me if ya want :)
  • BalMaiden
    BalMaiden Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Lara_z wrote: »
    Hi Jillian
    Thanks for replying. Will send you a request.

• chevron10
    chevron10 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Its nice to know there are others going through the same thing at the same time. Good luck to everyone :smiley:
  • rlhinte
    rlhinte Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a SAHM of two little ones who could definitely use some fitness and diet motivation. I'd love to be added to your group.

• hugzeelaroo
    hugzeelaroo Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    happy2312 wrote: »
    I am also a SAHM. I eat well mostly, my weakness though is flavoured coffee drinks. I do not get enough exercise and find myself making excuses not too. My worst excuses are too tired and don't feel like leaving the house! Pretty poor excuses really when written down and thought about. I too would like a bit of support and motivation. My family mean well but like to have temptations available at every visit. Yesterday it was home made pizza plus doughnuts, find it hard to resist and find that the one day a week I spwnd with family undoes a lot of my goodoeating during the week. Would never swap weight loss for spending time with family, just need to be stronger with my food choices on visits. Bit hard yesterday when pizza was only food on offer for lunch but really I could have declined the doughnut! ! Anyway, if you would like to add me it would be great to have others to share my weight loss journey with :-)

Hi! I too love flavored coffee. I saw someone on Instagram post that they found the MIO water flavoring that was an iced coffee flavor and she added it to soy milk. I believe she said it was only 75 calories. Not sure how much soy milk or flavoring she used though.