Not seeing results?

Options
I've been trying to lose weight for about 3 weeks now. I'm 5'10, around 155 pounds and want to lose around 15. I went from eating around 2200-2500 a day to around 1600. I'm eating healthier, drinking more water, and exercising now as well. I look the same. My measurements are the same. I don't have a scale but it doesn't seem like I've lost an ounce! What should I do?

Replies

• deerod905
    deerod905 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Omg..the same thing is happening to me ! I'm feeling discouraged! Hope there are some good answers!
  • ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    You are right in the middle of a healthy weight range for your height; dropping to 130 is awfully low, which may be part of the problem.

If you don't have a scale, you have no idea if you've gained or lost.

Seeing as how you don't have a lot of weight you really can lose, you need to be really accurate with your logging - get a food scale, measure everything in grams (except for liquids), and log everything.

Keep in mind that 130 may also not be feasible for you, given your height.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    You've provided absolutely no solid information other than your height. Weigh yourself and weigh your food. Then if you don't lose weight (get on a scale again for this) ask again.
  • pbandbananas1996
    pbandbananas1996 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You are right in the middle of a healthy weight range for your height; dropping to 130 is awfully low, which may be part of the problem.

Seeing as how you don't have a lot of weight you really can lose, you need to be really accurate with your logging - get a food scale, measure everything in grams (except for liquids), and log everything.

Oh I don't want to drop to 130. I want to lose 15 pounds, so that would be around 140 for me.
  • ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member
    Options

Oh I don't want to drop to 130. I want to lose 15 pounds, so that would be around 140 for me.

K, still at the low-ish end of things, but not as low. But again with the food scale and logging everything - that's the only way that's going to happen.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    get a scale, and most importantly, get a food scale.
  • pbandbananas1996
    pbandbananas1996 Posts: 29 Member
    Options

K, still at the low-ish end of things, but not as low. But again with the food scale and logging everything - that's the only way that's going to happen.

Great, thanks for the advice! :) I'll see if I can get a food scale soon.