weight question.

Options
Is it possible to lose between 15-20lbs in a month if I eat healthy, drink LOTS of water and workout 5x a week?

Replies

• TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    No.
  • jml107
    jml107 Posts: 27
    Options
    It's possible, if you starve yourself, but not healthy at all for your body.
  • cowpacino
    cowpacino Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Is it possible? Probably
  • AthennasMommy
    AthennasMommy Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    whats the most HEALTHY weight I could lose in a month doing all of the above?
  • tcole630
    tcole630 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    no mam. more than likely u will plateau,build muscle or stay the same if u r truly eating healthy. if ur not eating ur body is in starve mode u will gain weight.
  • hartsmart
    hartsmart Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    8-10?
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    If you want to lose the weight and keep it off, you should lose no more than 1-2 pounds a week at the most. It took me 15 months to lose the weight I lost -- averaged about 5.5 pounds a month. Slow? Yes, but I have kept almost all of the weight off for four years.
    Kaye
  • AthennasMommy
    Options
    8lb-10lbs in a month sounds good to me(:
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Everyone's body is different - how about you give it a go (stick with the eat healthy, exercise 5x and drink water) and tell us how you go!
    You will certainly feel and look better no matter what the number on the scale says.
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    It depends how much do you weigh now? If you have a lot to lose then there's a good chance you can, just realize that the first pounds you lose are usually water weight. I lost 12 lbs my first week, most of it water weight, I also had over 150 lbs to lose though.
  • mrudzinski
    mrudzinski Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    It depends. Have you just started dieting? For me, I lost 15 pounds in my first month using MFP and eating 1200 cal/day. My doctor said the first few weeks you lose a lot of water weight when you first start out, and thats why I was losing more than 2 lbs/week.

Good luck!
  • AthennasMommy
    Options
    Im 5'2 and weigh 180lb right now and yes I started yesterday on MFP on 1200cal. a day .
  • golfbrew_matt
    golfbrew_matt Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I lost about 50 lbs in a year and reached my goal weight. I ate healthy and worked my butt off and the most I lost in a single month was 8 lbs. Most months were 4-6 lbs. Hope that helps!
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the person!

I have already lost 3 pounds, and I have only been a member for around 6 days, and I'm not going crazy dieting/exercising either....:)

Just believe in yourself! :)

ps: You are only 18, so you have youth on your side as well. :)
  • LizC26
    LizC26 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I lost 12lbs in the last month...So it's possible...If you keep your intake at 1200 cal, you could do it...
  • kklindsey
    kklindsey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    at 180 lbs no. you aren't heavy enough to see those kinds of numbers. Even if you barely eat and workout like crazy, which I don't recommend. I weighed 300 when I started and I lost 10lbs every single month for 7 months. Then it took me 2 1/2 years to lose another 90 but I wasnt pushing hard to get there. You can crop 5-10lbs the first week if you have really been eating a lot of calories and cut it back hard. I logged for a week before starting to diet to see where I was and I was eating about 4000 calories a day and I cut it to 1600. The most I ever lost in one month was 12 lbs and that was a rarity. Why don't you aim for 2lbs a week, that is 8lbs a month, which is nothing to sneeze at really. And realize that if you work out hard you might not lose the full 8lbs a month but you will gain muscle and get smaller. How old are you? You need to realize that whatever you do to lose the weight you will need to continue to do for the REST OF YOUR LIFE if you want to keep the weight off.

Seriously. I spent 3 years losing, have had it off for three years so for 6 1/2 years, every single day I log what I eat. Every single day. And I will till I die or I will be overweight again.
  • AthennasMommy
    Options
    Well 180lbs is ALOT to me espically with my height, im only 5'2 soo 180 is obese for me.owell everyone is different. ill see what results i get in a month
  • kklindsey
    kklindsey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Well 180lbs is ALOT to me espically with my height, im only 5'2 soo 180 is obese for me.owell everyone is different. ill see what results i get in a month

Okay,I can't believe I am saying this, lol. I wasn't saying you AREN'T heavy, I was saying that you are not enough overweight to drop 15-20lbs a month. The more grossly overweight you are the more you will initially lose. The less you have to lose, the less you will initially lose. I didn't see what weight you are shooting for? but lets say you want to weigh 120. That is only 60lbs to lose. You are wanting to lose 1/3 of your excess weight in the first month. Not likely to happen in a healthy way. Make your first goal 10% of your body weight, which is 18lbs and I say give yourself 6-8 weeks if you are spot on with calories and working out.