Gross question but I need help

Options

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    When I switched to very low calories I went from a daily to an every other day gal. My dietitian suggested perhaps this will be my new "normal". Less going in, less going out. Another high volume low cal option is popcorn. It can push things along as long as you aren't plugged (3-4 days).

Hard dry nuggets are sign that things are plugged and you need a different strategy.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    If you're looking for a thourough clean out, then may I suggest 15ml of MCT oil mixed in with your first cup of tea or coffee for the day. Guaranteed results :+1:

If not, then i concur with everybody else, other than the riddled with worms woman.. Plenty of water, fat and roughage.
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Damn you intestinal parasites! They'll get ya everytime
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you may have intestinal parasites..

I concur with Dr DancingDarl. Classic case.

He is a doctor, after all. Ever read Dune?

video%20games%20artwork%20worm%20dune%20game%201920x1200%20wallpaper_www.animalhi.com_7.jpg
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I didnt say it was but she may have them.

Good point
  • mdrichardsons
    mdrichardsons Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Glad you posted. I have been wondering about this too. I know I haven't been getting enough fiber but also didn't think about less in less out. I use smooth move tea when I think it's really bad but be careful it will come on fast
  • coalz
    coalz Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Yep fiber like dark leafy greens work best for me. After all green means go! Right? Also try a laxative tea, make a small cup pour the water over the tea bag then pull it out immediately! Otherwise you could be in for a violent awakening in the middle of the night! Dandelion tea is good too & black licorice.
    Also if you yoga... happy baby pose
    Or just stretch, lying on floor with one leg hug the other knee toward your chest & gently rock & pull back & forth toward your outside hip. Then repeat on the other side. This will massage your intensities & help get things moving. Good luck!
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options

I concur with Dr DancingDarl. Classic case.

He is a doctor, after all. Ever read Dune?

video%20games%20artwork%20worm%20dune%20game%201920x1200%20wallpaper_www.animalhi.com_7.jpg

Those things have the best protein if you can get them hydrated.
  • brrrycicle
    brrrycicle Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Smooth Move tea will get your insides dancing again.
  • megemrj
    megemrj Posts: 547 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I have suffered with this all of my life. 3 days no go would have been welcome. I began taking a good probiotic about 4 days ago and can gladly say problem seems resolved.

Btw: I already ate plenty of greens, chia seeds, and coffee on my diet. No effect. Probiotic worked for me when most else wouldn't.
  • Numberwang22
    Numberwang22 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Apples
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    mcoates442 wrote: »
    This is gross so beware.. Ever since I started limiting my calories I haven't been able to poop. I never had this problem before I started. Does anyone know what to do?

I had the same problem. This morning I drank two cups of really hot water (plain) and in 30 minutes I had a good size poop that I was very happy about.
  • veggiecanner
    veggiecanner Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I've noticed when we have oranges thngs work better. they are filled with fiber.
  • hippo_hips
    hippo_hips Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    like everyone else said, drink tons of water! Also, coffee always does the trick for me. Black if you can stand it
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Same issue here! I would go sometimes 2-3x/day when I was 287#, but now that I'm at 199, it's more like every 3-4 days. I *just spoke* to my doctor about this Friday, and he suggested more water and a stool softener, saving the laxative for desperate situations. I eat plenty of fruits/veggies, and use Fiber One bread for my daily sandwiches, too.
  • Wysewoman53
    Wysewoman53 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    mcoates442 wrote: »
    This is gross so beware.. Ever since I started limiting my calories I haven't been able to poop. I never had this problem before I started. Does anyone know what to do?

You have only asked a question I have been thinking for a while now. It's not gross...just something we don't often talk about in 'polite company'! I, too, have been having the same problem and have been worried about it. There is some wonderful advice on here and I plan to be following it.

Thanks for having the courage to post this 'gross' question!
  • Dominicj569
    Dominicj569 Posts: 30 Member
    Options

Not to say no, but its a bit of a leap, constipation is a pretty unusual symptom if parasites, weightloss is more normal....

Fun fact
    At any one time 10% of the population has threadworm
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Options

Back again. Highly unlikely, unless she lives at your house.
  • dollydiva2
    dollydiva2 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I have ibs-c and dieting has been a nightmare with making it worse....but
    I have recently starting taking a probiotic with fibre and also magnesium tablets each day and it has changed my life. No more constipation since i started taking them.
    Also have cut right back on eggs as I think they make me worse (a shame because eggs are great)
  • valente347
    valente347 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I try to get plenty of coffee and fiber, but physical activity really makes the difference for me. Running is particularly effective. (Household chores like scrubbing out the tub also work quickly for me.)