Should I or Shouldn't I.....

Options
So Friday I got all of my wisdom teeth out. I have only been able to eat things like mac and cheese, mashed potatoes, applesauce, chili, oatmeal and so on...I havent eaten all my calories everyday because I have been on and off sick feeling. But I do the best I can and I am always full after I do eat so I am not hungry ever.

I decided to weigh myself this morning to see if I lost anything and of course I did...a decent amount.

So here's my question...Should I log my weight loss or should I wait til I start eating more normally???

Replies

• NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    If it were me, I would log the weight loss and keep in mind that there might be some gains when normal eating habits resume.
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Log it, you aren't going to magically regain those pounds if you keep staying under your calorie alottment.
  • radradradradrad
    radradradradrad Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    you could log your weight, but you must prepare yourself for it to go back up.
    it's fun to see it low, so i can see why you would want to log it, but it's terrible to have to go back and add on the pounds.
  • Melissa_Roy189
    Melissa_Roy189 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Log it, you aren't going to magically regain those pounds if you keep staying under your calorie alottment.

Other then the general weight of food and water in your body at any given time...
  • Toots2012
    Toots2012 Posts: 25
    Options
    LOG IT! THAT'S AWESOME!!!
  • rraallpphhccuurrtt
    Options
    LOG IT!!! It may go up or down over the next few days but who cares? This is not about the weight so whatever you weigh you should log. Just keep reminding yourself that this is about you, not about what you weigh. I'd love to see you logging everything you eat (EVERYTHING) and what excercizes you are doing. Based on that we can talk. But to fret over what you weigh today or tomorrow... nahhh. That is to easy! :)

Friend me if you'd like me to help you. But keep on working! You are doing great just posing the questions!!

Ralph
  • RichardWhitman
    RichardWhitman Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Think I'm going to see about getting mine out too. Jump start a few pounds!
    What ya think? good idea? :)
  • concealedpearl
    Options

LOOOL...The pain is not worth it.
  • BRANDYLYNETTE
    BRANDYLYNETTE Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Log it......I log my ups and downs.....and it will work out.. That is your weight....for now. May go up....but will eventually go back down if you stick to your diet. Good luck!
  • Kmchandl
    Kmchandl Posts: 19
    Options

No its not!!! if you dont need them out dont do it!!
  • halfmarathon52
    halfmarathon52 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I got my wisdom teeth out in January. I lost 15 pounds originally because I couldn't eat solids for over a week. Within 6 days of eating semi normal foods again my body regained 11 of those pounds. My doctor told me during my time of eating so much less my body stored the foods because it felt like it was in starvation mode. I'd log the weighloss but be careful and not disappointed if you see some regain.
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    i lost weight after getting my wisdom teeth out too. but i was STARVING and essentially drank Boost for a week, haha.
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    i dropped 2.5kilos the other weekend because i was sick (was probably more cos i actually hadnt weighed myself for 6 weeks but wasnt watching my food or doing exercise in that time either).

now that i have been back to normal for a week i weighed my self again and havent gained back any of that weight.
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options

ok I have nightmares bout this! I am 31 and still have all my wisdom teeth! :( Never been put out (ok I passed out after I had my daughter but thats it) , never had an IV Inserted into me in my life ( 2 kids later) ekkkkkk my worst fear!!!!
  • Kmchandl
    Kmchandl Posts: 19
    Options

ok I have nightmares bout this! I am 31 and still have all my wisdom teeth! :( Never been put out (ok I passed out after I had my daughter but thats it) , never had an IV Inserted into me in my life ( 2 kids later) ekkkkkk my worst fear!!!!

Do You need them out?? because i know people who are even older who still have them and they dont bother them at all. So theres no point in getting them out if they arent a problem. The IV wasnts any worse then a shot. just a small pinch and then you dont even feel it at all. No biggie.