Cookie mix

Options
chupajen
chupajen Posts: 33 Member
so, i have found a couple oatmeal cookie mixes in my cupboard, left over from the holidays, just wondering if there is anything I can do with them to cut the calories? Please spare me the "better off just throwing them out" business, its kind of plan B. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    oo! I using a can of pureed pumpkin in a boxed cake mix. Cuts the fat way way down. Doesn't help much with the carbs though. Not sure what the texture would be, but I bet they would be tasty!
  • Khovde07
    Khovde07 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if this would work with boxed cake mix.... But I know that my grandpa would substitute the oil for applesauce. He was diabetic and this lowered the calories a bit.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I heard of the above comment working well, use applesauce instead of oil.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    This crumble bar looks interesting. Berries, yogurt, you could nix the sugar I bet.

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/yogurt-and-blackberry-crumble-bars/3dbdaf93-91c7-4f50-ba7c-c0e142158e08

The crust does call for butter. If you subbed applesauce you would get something soft and no longer crust like.
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Why not just make the cookies and freeze them? Oatmeal cookies freeze and thaw really well. You can just pull out 1 or 2 cookies at a time (whatever you have calories for) and enjoy them! :smile:
  • chupajen
    chupajen Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys....im thinking maybe do the applesauce sub and freeze em.