Options
emmadailey39
emmadailey39 Posts: 4 Member
does anyone know of a low calorie pizza recipe

Replies

• kgj4105
    kgj4105 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Simple changes would be use less crust (make it thinner, use less dough for the same size pizza), and ease up on the cheese. Definitely add as many fresh veggies as possible - they add lots of nutrients and few calories - and avoid most meat toppings (usually they're higher in fat).
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I like to make my own crust, so I can roll it thin. This recipe is one step: http://www.pizzacrustyeast.com/recipes_landing.html

I look for 2% mozzarella and use a little less than most recipes call for. Turkey pepperoni is 70% less fat than regular. The texture is a little stiff, so I cut the slices into quarters. I've used Italian (chicken) sausage in the past too. Pick a low sugar sauce. Add lot's of veggie toppings.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    http://yourlighterside.com/2012/02/easy-pizza-crust/

It's not as sturdy as she apparently makes it, but as it ends up a pile of meat with sauce and cheese, HSpoon and I don't really care. XD
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I use whole wheat pita crust when I'm in a pinch and craving pizza.

If you google you can find some spaghetti squash pizza casserole recipes. Sounds crazy, but they are pretty good. I make it all the time.
  • chaney3000
    chaney3000 Posts: 261 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I make one that's about 345-400 calories depending on how much of each topping you add.

Flatout Flatbread Lite (90 cals)
    Kraft fat free shredded mozzarella cheese (40 cals)
    Onions (appx 10 cals)
    Bell peppers (appx 10 cals)
    Garlic (appx 5 cals)
    93% lean Ground turkey (190 cals)
    Olive oil (not sure cals but 1 tbsp)

Preheat oven 400 (whatever the package for the flatbread recommended but I usually do 400)
    Brown ground turkey (I usually season it with salt free mrs. Dash)
    Spread olive oil on one flat bread
    Add ground turkey
    Onions,
    Garlic
    Bell pepper
    Top with mozzarella cheese (just enough to cover)
    Bake for 10-15 until crust is crisp and browned

I have this saved on my recipes if you want to check it out. My page is open.
  • emmadailey39
    emmadailey39 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    thank you
  • verasdaughter
    verasdaughter Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    In regards to the flat bread reply above that's what I use. Aldi's has a flat bread with flax seed that has 9 grams of protein. I stick the flat bread in the oven for about 5 mind before putting on toppings so the crust is more crispy. Great way to enjoy pizza with a salad. Someone on here on a different post had a great idea too. Buy your favorite frozen pizza, take out of box when you get home and slice freezing the slices individually. Then just heat buy the slice.
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I actually make a simple little "pizza" at home all the time (my two year old loves it too).

- a low calorie wheat tortilla (50 cals)
    - spread on any sauce (spaghetti, alfredo, etc, around 50 cals for the amount I use)
    - then add a serving of mozzarella cheese (80 cals)
    - tofu (80 cals)
    - artichoke hearts (30 cals)
    - sundried tomatoes (35 cals)
    - feta cheese (70 cals)

Pop in the oven on 425 for around 10 minutes and the tortilla becomes crispy. It's super thin, but it's so much like a regular pizza that it hits the spot for WAY fewer calories! This specific one is only 395 calories. I add a salad on the side and even have room for dessert.
  • Shrinking_Erin
    Shrinking_Erin Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    We just small pitas. Toast, slice in half (ends up being two mini pizzas) and top with whatever you like. I keep it under 500 cal total.
  • Rick_Nelson81
    Rick_Nelson81 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    eringurl33 wrote: »
    We just small pitas. Toast, slice in half (ends up being two mini pizzas) and top with whatever you like. I keep it under 500 cal total.

I do the same thing. My pitas are whole wheat, 4" diameter. Spread with a little oil and garlic and heat face down on frying pan. Turn over and sprinkle with a little cheese and cover with diced tomato, basil and pepper (no salt). Cover (melts the cheese, and gives a nice crunchy crust on the bottom). It's tasty, healthy, filling, and well below 500 calories. Same can be done with whole wheat bread if you're not a pita person.
  • KiraCharman
    KiraCharman Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have my own recipe page if anyone wants to join feel free and if your looking for new friends on here then add me :)https://www.facebook.com/groups/192418107779602/
  • mellymoo872015
    mellymoo872015 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend done me a pizza from a 'large Warburtons crumpet'
    Used some sort of Spiced pesto for the Base and chicken and veg? Bound to be Alot less calories than pizza bases etc