New and anxious!!!

Options
I am just beginning my journey (again) and this time it counts more then ever because my son needs a healthy mom. I'm the heaves I've ever been and I really need help and motivation to get this weight off. My doctor won't support or help me so while I search for a new one I need all the help and motivation I can get. I have a large amount of weight to lose. Please feel free to add me or message me (or both). I appreciate it in advanced. This is my year.

Replies

• laurenjennifer1987mfp
    Options
    Adjust your mindset to slow and steady, then stick with what you're doing. I used the mfp recommended calories for my first week, because you have to start somewhere (I felt "too low" would be more sensible than "too high" from a calorie POV given I am trying to lose weight) and I have since increased my calories to try and match my weight loss goals of 1lb a week. Increased my activity because I have a little more energy to do so. I'm only 1 month in, but it's the longest I've stuck with it and I'm feeling good / not deprived (97% of the time!!) :smile:
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    Loads of support on this site. Just keep at it every day
    My approach was to keep it simple. Eat the same food but less of it. I also decided to start exercising too.
    Now it's not easy and you will mess up some weeks but don't get upset and don't quit
    Wishing you the best of luck
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    My advice to new starters is to read the 'Must-Read' helpful posts:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300319/most-helpful-posts-general-diet-and-weight-loss-help-must-reads

They've helped me lose 70 lbs since April.
  • WendyLaubach
    WendyLaubach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    You can do it. I've lost 50 lbs. since last November. Lots of people here have done the same. Keep it simple and stick with the basic advice on the "most Helpful Posts" and you'll do fine as long as you don't give up.
  • BethMilledge
    BethMilledge Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me