Feel like i'm not on the right track!

hogsack
hogsack Posts: 3
edited September 28 in Introduce Yourself
I started fitness pal about two weeks ago. I am a male, forty and weigh about 275. I downloaded the app on my droid and inputted all my info. The app suggested that I eat 2010 calories a day. I have stayed with my calories and try to walk 3 or 4 days a week. I know it will take some time to see results, but i feel like i'm not do this quite right. Just looking for feedback on whats going to work. I do feel a little better, eating better foods, but feel like i'm not going to lose weight. Don't really have any folks in my world that are on the same track as me, so looking for a network to stay motivated and stay in the solution.. Thanx

Replies

• pnieuw
    pnieuw Posts: 473
    Hey

Similar to you, I am a 44 guy, 6'5", and started at 230lb. I eat 2,030 calories a day. I've been tracking for about 7 weeks now, and the weight is slowly coming off, but it takes time. I notice the pants aren't so tight anymore, and my wife is starting to notice the love handles are shrinking. Keep at it, and keep in touch if you want to chat some more.
  • vdavis_89
    vdavis_89 Posts: 334
    I started pretty much the same way... but with my blackberry lol I feel the same too. i started at 262lbs and Ive been tracking and walking everyday (twice a day at that) and I think its time to smash all the mirrors in my house because Im expecting instant results!! Its pissing me off actually lol Im determined to keep going because i usually get to this point and give up... but Im not going to this time! Keep tryin and add me if you like :) we can try to help eachother over this issue!
  • _Tristan_
    _Tristan_ Posts: 221 Member
    Can we see your diary?
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    what are you eating? that's the hardest part of this whole thing..
  • Okay, so I'm not a male and I'm under 40.... but I CAN say that yes, this does work. Unfortunately, for those of us plus size peoples, it DOES take some time. The fact that you're feeling better and eating better is a GREAT start, and you should feel happy that you're already seeing a change. I realize it's been two weeks, and if you're like me you keep comparing yourself to the "Biggest Loser" or "Extreme Makeover Weightloss", but let's be fair - we are not working out 6-8 hours a day with a team of trainers and nutritionists.

Keep doing what you're doing. Slowly cut out the foods you know aren't good for you, and replace them with quality foods. If you're up for a science experiement, try tweaking things for a few days at a time - maybe up your protein and cut your carbs? And of course, the more you workout - even just a walk - the faster this process goes.

Yeah, it works. As long as you stay dedicated and aware of your body, it WILL work. Don't worry - we're with ya! Good luck!
  • Oh, and take your measurements! It won't be the greatest moment of your life, but it's a better indicator of weight loss than the scale itself. :)
  • hogsack
    My food varies a bit, but i'm staying within my 2010 calories. General day.. Hard boiled egg and V8 for breakfast, 6 gram fat subway for lunch, some different snacks, nuts just a few, smart pop corn, little fruit, chicken or fish with veggies for dinner. I'm doing almost NO dairy except for a little half & half in coffee very little. I'm not going over too much on sugar or sodium or fat. I just feel like im not doing this right!
  • hogsack
    What do you mean diary?
  • Your "diary" is your food log, and sometimes people will ask to see it to help give you meal advice. If you're comfortable allowing that, you can go to My Home, then to Settings, and about half way down the page is your Diary Settings. You can choose to make it public, or just show your friends, or keep it to yourself. It's all about your comfort level.

It sounds like you're doing pretty well. Some tips that have REALLY helped me (again, just personal experience): eat every 2-3 hours; every "meal" must have a vegetable and a protein. So your break fast is covered, so is your lunch, and dinner sounds fabulous! Just add a little chicken or meat to those snacks, and you've about got it covered. And hey, nuts are actually great for you as long as you stick to the serving size. Walnuts are best - high in Omega-3 - and so are Almonds - packed with Vitamin E - so go ahead and have a handful (1/4cup) or two a day! Oooh, and a couple of slices of avacado on that sandwich will actually HELP with the weightloss. But seriously, it looks like you're doing really well, so just keep it up.... and watch the weight drop!
This discussion has been closed.