First time actually tracking my food

Options
Challengeacepted
Challengeacepted Posts: 7 Member
edited March 2016 in Getting Started
Hi, this is the first time that i have actually loged in my food and counted calories (as best as possible) I have been doing this for 20 days and have lost 6 lbs! So has anyone done the upgrade premium? Do yall like it? Or is the feee version just the same? I wouldn't mind some motivation but maybe even better help with choosing better food options. That are simple and i can pack for lunch and make for dinner. I really want to learn how to care about what i eat. Hopefully finally after being chubby (and maybey more than chubby) for almost most of my life i will be thinner. :-) we'll see.... I hope i can keep it off. I caint wait to see what i will look like by fall, im excited! Never ever have i lost 6 lbs in less then a month.

Replies

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Well done!

Good luck going forward. You're on the right track.

I recommend reading the "Must Read" posts:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300319/most-helpful-posts-general-diet-and-weight-loss-help-must-reads
  • amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    2 reasons to go pro
    a) you have got the hang of calorie deficit and want to track more factors
    b) you wanna say thanks to the creators of the site

honestly you can lose weight and get the feedback you asked for in the question without going pro. If you're not well off no-one will mind if you stay on the free version
  • hrhleg
    hrhleg Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Why fix something that isn't broken? A loss of 6lbs is GREAT! I just came from a program that I could not lose 6 lbs in 3 months. And, I paid!!! lol I don't think you will do better if you pay. Save your money, you are doing great!
  • WendyLaubach
    WendyLaubach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Isn't it amazing what tracking your food can do? People resist the idea so strongly, but it works.
  • Challengeacepted
    Challengeacepted Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks, i appreciate your feedback!! @WendyLaubach
    @hrhleg
    @Orphia
    @amnsetie
  • tannadine
    tannadine Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hey, well done on your loss, that's awesome!

I went pro and I honestly don't see all that much difference, but I wanted to support the site (like amnsetie said, above). I also kinda wanted to make myself more accountable - if I spent the money, I figured I'd be more likely to feel motivated to stick to it to make sure it was money well spent! :)

Best of luck on the rest of your journey :)
  • krismurphydc
    krismurphydc Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Tracking my food is the only thing that has worked for me in all of these years. It's amazing!
  • jackie_van_d
    jackie_van_d Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Thinking I'm staying on the free side BUT My question is: Is it a one time fee, a weekly or monthly fee?
  • JemPuddleduck
    JemPuddleduck Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am just starting out as well and it's great to hear how well you have done in 20 days! I have always been one to snack on crisps/biscuits and so for a week I actually just wrote down how much I ate each day without making any changes. It really helped to motivate me to stop just seeing it written done how bad they were for me.
  • koslowkj
    koslowkj Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    jjansen39 wrote: »
    Thinking I'm staying on the free side BUT My question is: Is it a one time fee, a weekly or monthly fee?

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure you can choose either a monthly fee or an annual one.