Caloric Goal 1500 never changes

Options
Has anyone else noticed that the caloric goal does not go below 1500? Mine used to move around at the 1400 range. But since one of the updates, no matter if I want to lose 1 pound a week or 2 pounds a week, or if my weight goes up or down, it never changes.

Replies

• KorvapuustiPossu
    KorvapuustiPossu Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Mine is 1200... so mine obviously does go under 1500 :D
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
  • aub6689
    aub6689 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I don't think it used to set the minimums. I used to be able to make mine go below 1200 when choosing the most aggressive weight loss plans, but now women can't go below 1200 and men can't go below 1500.
  • KorvapuustiPossu
    KorvapuustiPossu Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Well I think that is good... so people don't get crazy ideas :)
  • daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I just set my goal to 2 lb loss per week and it just changed my goal to 1310 calories. Changing it back to 1.5 lbs per week brings it to 1560.
  • shadow2soul
    Options
    @daj150 - Sounds like a glitch. It's not supposed to give men a goal of less than 1500 calories anymore. That said sometimes the site does glitch and when it does will even give women calorie goals under 1000 calories even though it's supposed to bottom out at 1200.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    daj150 wrote: »
    I just set my goal to 2 lb loss per week and it just changed my goal to 1310 calories. Changing it back to 1.5 lbs per week brings it to 1560.

Which platform (Web, iOS, Android, Windows) is this happening on? This is the second time today I read that MFP was setting a goal for men lower than 1500 Cals. @Nova is this a known issue?
  • Nova
    Nova Posts: 9,994 MFP Staff
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Has anyone else noticed that the caloric goal does not go below 1500? Mine used to move around at the 1400 range. But since one of the updates, no matter if I want to lose 1 pound a week or 2 pounds a week, or if my weight goes up or down, it never changes.

Yes, as posted above: https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/1375583-a-message-about-myfitnesspal-s-updated-nutrition-goals

The minimum for women is 1200
    The minimum for men is 1500

1200 is the bottom of the projected weight threshold.

These minimums are set on the apps.
  • minamina27
    minamina27 Posts: 89 Member
    Options

Yes, as posted above: https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/1375583-a-message-about-myfitnesspal-s-updated-nutrition-goals

These minimums are set on the apps. [/quote]

That's incorrect. I'm using the app on my iPad and if I set 2lb a week sedentary it gives me 970 calories and has been the same for about a year! I questioned it on the forums not long after I started out! Obviously I don't use that setting but just saying.
  • shadow2soul
    edited March 2016
    Options
    minamina27 wrote: »
    Nova wrote:

These minimums are set on the apps.

That's incorrect. I'm using the app on my iPad and if I set 2lb a week sedentary it gives me 970 calories and has been the same for about a year! I questioned it on the forums not long after I started out! Obviously I don't use that setting but just saying.
    @minamina27
    It's a glitch. Make sure your using the latest version of the app. There was a version about a year ago that was setting peoples goals below the minimum. There was an update to fix the issue, but it still happens every so often. You can also recalculate your goal from the website which should fix the issue.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    CyberTone wrote: »

Which platform (Web, iOS, Android, Windows) is this happening on? This is the second time today I read that MFP was setting a goal for men lower than 1500 Cals. @Nova is this a known issue?

I just dialled in 1 kg/week on the web site and got 1200 calories.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    yarwell wrote: »

@Nova ^^ This should not be happening, right? This would be a bug, right?
  • Nova
    Options
    yarwell wrote: »

@yarwell that is not expected behavior. Would you mind sending us an email so we can troubleshoot with you?

Email us here
  • Nova
    Options
    Anyone getting a lower than expected goal, please email us here
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    it's not a problem to me, as I don't think it's a justified limit in the first place. I don't mind helping you fix it if it's broken but don't expend any effort on my account ;-)
  • eatbadlyplate
    eatbadlyplate Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Brand new account created on Google Chrome :

ci4850l92wub.png