Night shift workers?

Options
I work during the nights..so pretty much my eating times differ from regular daytime meals..is there settings i can do to tweak my calorie count and treat my night as day? Thank you

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I added a meal "night shift food" and that was adequate for me.
  • layladrew26
    layladrew26 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    When I'm working nights I class my dinner as the meal I have when I get up before I go to work, then the meal I have in work is my lunch but it goes on the next days allowance as it is after midnight. It can get a bit confusing the first day I'm off but as long as the calories balance out through the week its no problem, works for me. When I am working (I work nights 3 on 3 off) I have 2 meals about 700-800 calories each one as I dont feel I need to eat after work, before bed but you could tweek it anyway you like as long as you are on a deficit throughout the week.
  • KitchyWitchy
    KitchyWitchy Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Night shifter here. Here is what I do. When I get up at 4pm, that starts my day. I end my day at 8am the next day but record it all under previous day. Repeat. I have mine set for 4 meals and a snacks one.
  • tkdchick2016
    tkdchick2016 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have done this two different ways, both have their pros and cons. The first way is to count calories in 24-hour periods so I would change my diary to read 12am-4am, 4am-8am....etc. The second way I found that works is to track your food as a "day" in MFP during your awake time, this just means you may have to flip back to the previous day to add in your night shift food. Hope that helps!