900 calorie breakfast?

Options
eithk
eithk Posts: 11 Member
I've just had a 900 calorie breakfast. I does it seem like I took it too far?
Smoothie:
Cup of kale
Two slices of oranges
Two small yogurt packages
Banana

Big bowl of cereal:
3/4cups of nesquick
3/4 cups of granola
Layered with yogurt

Replies

• sndrd49
    sndrd49 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Looks like 2 breakfasts to me! But it sounds yummy.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    How does that add up to 900 calories? Are most of the calories in the granola?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Well that's a lot of calories and a lot of non very filling calories for me (nesquick, granola), but if it keeps you full for a long time and it fits in your calories, there's nothing wrong with it.
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I would probably space it out over the morning hours or even for lunch time.
  • Wysewoman53
    Wysewoman53 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I probably would have done one or the other but not both together but I don't have a clue as to what your needs are for the day so....
  • dujyandco
    dujyandco Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I often fix a blender full of smoothie for breakfast, and they're usually between 650 and 850. It takes me around three hours to drink, it gets me nine servings of fruits and veggies for the day, and I feel terrific doing it! :)
    But I usually walk around 20 miles per day, so I can afford it! :)
  • eithk
    eithk Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    RodaRose wrote: »
    How does that add up to 900 calories? Are most of the calories in the granola?
    correct most of the calories are in the granola

• MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    I love a brand of granola cereal that has 270 per 1/2 c serving, which was only 55g. So I completely believe that it came to that much. I still eat that cereal, it's really, really good, but very rarely anymore.

If your breakfast is filling and keeps you satisfied until you eat again, there's nothing wrong with it at all.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Also depends on your daily cals. While that is a lot for me at a 1370 goal a day. It would be perfect for a person who can eat 3000 cals a day.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Missing ice cream and donuts...
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    That's two-thirds of my daily calories!
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Well that's about half of my calories for a day. About 3 of my normal breakfasts. But if that works for you have at it.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    If I'm going to have a 900 calorie breakfast, it's going to have sausage and hash browns, not kale and granola
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    I would be stuffed eating that much. And it would be 2/3 of my daily calories. Way too much for me.
  • laurenjennifer1987mfp
    Options
    Hefty calories for the lack of food in my opinion. If it works for you though that's great :smile:
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    evileen99 wrote: »
    If I'm going to have a 900 calorie breakfast, it's going to have sausage and hash browns, not kale and granola

lol for real.

Phew. 900 is half of what I maintain my weight on. If it works for you....
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Well that's a lot of calories and a lot of non very filling calories for me (nesquick, granola), but if it keeps you full for a long time and it fits in your calories, there's nothing wrong with it.

That's my thought as well. But hey, whatever works.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    OP what's your daily calorie goal?
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    I eat 900 plus calories for breakfast every day
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Like a few others have said, that wouldn't be filling for the calories for me, but people are different (I don't really do smoothies or cold cereal at all). It's pretty carb-heavy too (I'm actually experimenting with more carbs so that may not be a bad thing for you, but traditionally I find a more balanced breakfast to be more satiating).

On the number of calories, I don't know what your goal is. I sometimes do just two meals (a brunch and an earlier than usual dinner) on the weekend, and if so I tend to have a pretty large breakfast.