working out while sore?

Options
I know I may go over my daily calorie intake today due to eating out for a special occasion. When I find myself in this situation I love going to the gym to get myself back in my calorie defecit... But what if I'm still sore from my work out last night? What are everyone's thoughts on excercise while still being sore? Is it doing more harm then good?

Replies

• Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Exercising while sore actually assists with alleviating the pain. You don't have to go extra hard or anything, but a long brisk walk actually helps me after a grueling day on my legs. As long as you don't feel actual pain while working out, you should be okay.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    synacious wrote: »
    Exercising while sore actually assists with alleviating the pain. You don't have to go extra hard or anything, but a long brisk walk actually helps me after a grueling day on my legs. As long as you don't feel actual pain while working out, you should be okay.
    +1
  • OldManOne
    OldManOne Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I agree with @synacious & @jennifer_417 - Work-out and that pain will disappear!
  • tkdchick2016
    tkdchick2016 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with the above! Had a really hard workout at the gym Thursday night, didn't do my little cardio on Friday and am paying for it today!