New to the Group

Options
My name is Shanel, I am a married 29 year old female with 2 wonderful kids, 3 dogs, and a Quaker bird who loves to talk trash. I moved to Alabama August 2000. We moved from Illinois. I was born in Buffalo New York, but spent 10 years between Florida and Texas. I went to grade school in Bureau and High School in Peoria. After High School I married and had my first child, a boy...Cole. My parents and sister decided to move to Mobile. My then husband and I took Cole and moved here also. In 2003 my then husband and I went our own way. I met Nash and had my daughter Amelia in 2003. Nash and I were married April 2005. Things are great. I went back to school after almost 10 years to become an EMT. I do not work I am able to stay home with Amelia. Although I could if needed or wanted to. Nash is part owner of a Company in Fairhope Alabama. His company builds Concrete homes and commercial properties from Tallahassee to the Alabama Mississippi state line. Life is great. I have been going to Curves 3 days a week since October 2007. I have lost about 7 pounds and a total of 15 inches over all. I wasn't changing my eating habits so I wasn't losing like I should of. I just decided over the weekend that I was ready make the comment to change everything for good. I haven't had any soda since Saturday Feb. 3. It isn't bothering me as much as I thought it would. I am trying to lose between 2 to 3 pounds a week. I am taking about 1700 calories a day. I am not sure if that is a good thing or not, but I don't get hungry and I feel like I am always eating. I have to just pay attention to what I am putting into my mouth now. Looking for all the help and support I can get and give!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Shanel_Troia
    Options
    My name is Shanel, I am a married 29 year old female with 2 wonderful kids, 3 dogs, and a Quaker bird who loves to talk trash. I moved to Alabama August 2000. We moved from Illinois. I was born in Buffalo New York, but spent 10 years between Florida and Texas. I went to grade school in Bureau and High School in Peoria. After High School I married and had my first child, a boy...Cole. My parents and sister decided to move to Mobile. My then husband and I took Cole and moved here also. In 2003 my then husband and I went our own way. I met Nash and had my daughter Amelia in 2003. Nash and I were married April 2005. Things are great. I went back to school after almost 10 years to become an EMT. I do not work I am able to stay home with Amelia. Although I could if needed or wanted to. Nash is part owner of a Company in Fairhope Alabama. His company builds Concrete homes and commercial properties from Tallahassee to the Alabama Mississippi state line. Life is great. I have been going to Curves 3 days a week since October 2007. I have lost about 7 pounds and a total of 15 inches over all. I wasn't changing my eating habits so I wasn't losing like I should of. I just decided over the weekend that I was ready make the comment to change everything for good. I haven't had any soda since Saturday Feb. 3. It isn't bothering me as much as I thought it would. I am trying to lose between 2 to 3 pounds a week. I am taking about 1700 calories a day. I am not sure if that is a good thing or not, but I don't get hungry and I feel like I am always eating. I have to just pay attention to what I am putting into my mouth now. Looking for all the help and support I can get and give!:flowerforyou:
  • MIDGEKIN
    MIDGEKIN Posts: 113
    Options
    :smile: WELCOME AND GOOD LUCK!! This is a great site with a lot of supportive people! If you ever need anything just give a shout and someone will be there!!
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    Well I sounds like you are off to a great start and are commited. It is great that you are commited to a new life style. Great job on letting go of pop. That is already an awesome adjustment. Good luck to you!! Heidi:flowerforyou: