Starbucks Trust

Options
brb_2013
brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
Do you all trust the Starbucks entries, and their website? I do worry there are errors (such as too much milk, or an extra squirt of something). To compensate I tend to log it as 1.25 drinks. Any one have a favorite Starbucks drink you just have to make room for? Mine today is a caramel latte. I usually have my daily coffee with just a bit of cream, but once in a while it's nice to experience the sweetness!

Replies

• khearron26
    khearron26 Posts: 171 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I trust the starbucks website for their nutrition facts, and I don't worry too much about minor 'errors' here or there. I figure it all balances in the end. I usually prefer a Misto or a Flat White. Though I'm curious about that new Cherry Blossom Frap...
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    There app is pretty good with showing the nutrients. I always liked their mochas. Now I opt for the skinny mocha as it gives a nice protein boost to my day with low calories. Gives me 2-3 hours before I need to eat anything.
  • Linzon
    Linzon Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I have an iced mocha with whole milk and no whip a couple of times a week. I keep it in the fridge and drink it over the course of a few hours, it's a nice treat :) I wish I liked the 'skinny' syrup but the aftertaste just doesn't agree with me.
  • stmokomoko
    stmokomoko Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I overestimate calories on those things, because a barista who's heavy handed with syrup and/or whipped cream can easily change values.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    I love chai lattes. While Starbucks doesn't make my favorite, it is very convenient and still quite tasty. I really wanted one this morning, but my husband was driving and he rarely drink Starbucks :/ I trust their website for the nutrition and don't worry about it too much.
  • 20yearsyounger
    Options
    Linzon wrote: »
    I have an iced mocha with whole milk and no whip a couple of times a week. I keep it in the fridge and drink it over the course of a few hours, it's a nice treat :) I wish I liked the 'skinny' syrup but the aftertaste just doesn't agree with me.
    I agree. It did took me a little while to get used to it. I get non fat no whip on the days that I have a nice calorie allowance.
  • CassidyScaglione
    CassidyScaglione Posts: 673 Member
    Options
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    If I'm going to splurge, it will be on a Venti Caramel Macchiatto.

I don't worry about inconsistencies with online entries vs how they are prepared in the store, I figure it all works itself out in the end, as long as it is a "best guess" and somewhat accurate, I'm okay with hit.
  • stephinator92
    stephinator92 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    If you haven't tried it yet, the Strawberry Acai Refresher is delicious
  • Brithicks
    Brithicks Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I love a flat white. If I'm wanting sweet, I'll to a latte with 2 pumps chai. If I am limited in cals I'll do nonfat. If I go to whole foods instead I'll do the same drinks but with almond milk. If I go by one clients house I'll go to the most amazing independent coffee shop for their chai - full on calorie bomb worth every last sip.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Low-fat, skinny, upside down, Carmel macchiato. Love those.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Oh and I trust what Starbucks says it is calorie wise.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I indulge in a mocha or a caramel Macchiato about once a week. Never nonfat, sometimes with whip, and no sugar free syrups(they taste really gross to me) If I'm low on calories I'll have an unsweetened iced passion tea. No calories and delicious without anything weird in it. Just yummy iced tea.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    The same is true with anything you don't prepare yourself, you can never be totally sure it's exactly what the menu says. Starbucks, I would probably trust a little more than most, tbh, because in order to have consistent-tasting drinks, they are a least somewhat precise with their measurements.

I love a chai latte every so often, though!
  • SquidVonBob
    SquidVonBob Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    As a former Starbucks barista I can say that you don't have to worry about too much syrup. The calories you see are for full pumps, so unless you have a completely new barista I doesn't know what they're doing the milk will be measured to the lines on the cup/steaming pitcher and the syrups and powders will be pretty much the same every time.

You should be careful with whipped cream and caramel sauce though. That will vary some based on the barista. If you're worried you could log 1.5 servings of whipped cream for example, but if you're avoiding the toppings the calories will be pretty spot on.
  • 20yearsyounger
    Options
    All this Starbucks talk is making me want to try something new mentioned above 7 more stars to reach Gold :)
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I generally trust them. Unless a barista gives me regular syrup instead of sugar free, I don't see a massive spike in my blood sugar from it (which indicates that there was more carbs in the drink than what I took insulin for).

Personally, I like a local coffee chain so much more than Starbucks. My go-to drink for both is a double espresso, and I add some cocoa powder and splenda to it (yum <3). Starbuck's unsweetened iced passion tea is also really good.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    I always watch them with the syrups. I am always paranoid they will give me full sugar and not sugar free which would be an extra 400 calories
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I don't worry too much...I rarely get thei specialty drinks. My go to drink is an Americano - it's espresso and hot water. It take it with Splenda no cream so I don't bother recording it.