Bowflex Max Trainer M3 vs M5?

Options
I have a treadmill and elliptical now I want to replace both with the Max Trainer, is it worth the extra money for the M5? Also, my husband could not use the elliptical (bad balance or something he said) will the Max Trainer be too similar to an Elliptical motion for him?

Thanks!

Replies

• Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    My husband has the M3 and absolutely LOVES it. I will say this, my husband mulled for MONTHS over the M3 vs. the M5. He ended up going with the M3 because he didn't think the extra features were worth the price and has not regretted it. He uses it at least 5 times a week and we have had no problems.

However, the motion is pretty similar to an elliptical. I am not a fan of elliptical machines and the max trainer feels a little too similar for me. If you can imagine an elliptical machine on the highest possible incline, it is not much different from the max trainer. One bonus though is the footprint is DRASTICALLY different from an elliptical. We have the max trainer tucked into a corner of our exercise room behind a door and the footprint being so small is REALLY nice.

The workout really kicks my relatively in shape husband's butt. (He is also lifts weights 3x a week.) He gets off of it dripping with sweat. And when he is on it it is hard for him to hold a conversation. So, the workout itself is definitely a good one.

Here is our little Max tucked into a corner :)

a0atcyd4cxx4.jpg
  • E02L05
    E02L05 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I have to decide now if it's worth getting knowing hubby will most likely not use it (but he doesn't use the treadmill we have now either)
  • drew87d
    drew87d Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    We have the Max 3 at my gym and I find the foot holders a bit wobbly and shaky. It's definitly a good work out and it's not a machine you can slack *kitten* on
  • algrif37
    algrif37 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I have the M5 and love it. It's not elliptical like in my opinion. Like a smoother stair climber. The tall ones at the gym that are like climbing flights of stairs
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I was looking around this area for used ellipticals. I noticed that Craigslist has tons of used Bowflex machines. Didn't notice what models, but you might want to look there first.
  • carlamber
    carlamber Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am considering one of these, but I'm only 5 feet tall and most ellipticals are not comfortable for me. I start the workout already fully stretched out if that makes sense. Any short people out there using the bowflex m3? Is it comfortable?