PCOS pain

Options
To the woman with PCOS: I'm having ovary Pain and some bloating, hurts when I touch my lower belly and not close to "that time" I'm also very tired and down. Dealing with this for 4 years now with doctors fluffing me off like I was nuts! Found a doctor about 3 months ago who knew off the bat it was pcos. She put me on progesterone pills hoping it would help with my hormones. Been doing a lot of reading up on pcos and best diet is the KETO/ low carb, so here I am doing my best and learning as I go but hope this new pain isn't anything to do with this diet? I'll google it as I google everything, lol. I just don't want it to be that absolutely killer pain I had about a year ago where I could not move and nothing helped with the pain. I have a high tolerance when it come to pain but this knocked me on my butt!! Just thought I would share a little of my story in hopes I get some feed back and support ☺️ you can also add me

Replies

• LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Have you been tested? PCOS is a hormonal disorder, it is not something you can diagnose by pain alone. I have had pain in the ovaries because of cysts and I also have PCOS. Ironically, the two are not related, the type of cysts that has caused the pain was not at all related to PCOS. I see you are in your late 30s. Especially if this is a new development, I would be very sceptical about attributing the pain to PCOS personally. Has an infection been ruled out by an ob gyn?
  • Raerising78
    Raerising78 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    They did a internal and external ultrasound and found masses in both ovaries ( my left was worse) along with a fibroid on my uterus that causes bleeding and very heavy periods. I have two kids youngest is 12 so I know this is not something I've had my whole life. I've had the pain for 8 years and most of those years I didn't pay any notice to it because it wasn't really noticeable but after I left my husband and got divorced and drama and stress hit my body shutdown and it was like over night I was hit by a Mac truck. Other doctors thought I was crazy and couldn't find a thing wrong with blood work and ultersounds. I literally had a doctor tell me there's nothing wrong with you. And then took myself to the ER because the pain was so bad and had them tell me nothing was wrong with me either and just thought I was there for pain pills! I started treating myself with blackstrap molasses and apple cider vinegar that I read about for ovary pain and it helped with my pain and bleeding but still wanted to know what the heck was wrong and that's when I went to this OBGYN and she told me and did testing. She put me on a birth control pop pill and sent me on my way. My hair has stopped falling out but still have a fuzzy face and seeing as I stopped taking the molasses and vinegar three month ago all the pain is coming back.... Sounds mad to me but it's the only thing I can think of? If I had an infection in my ovaries wouldn't I get more sick as time went on? I'll google it for sure! Thank you so much for your support! :)