FLORIDA

Options
heyy,
I'm going to be in Florida for about two weeks, and it'll be easy for me to get fast food every day. I need some good places to eat while I'm down there!
I will be in the Orlando area. I don't mind up to an hour drive. so please, if you know of any good spots to eat let me know!

Replies

• dragsapphire583
    dragsapphire583 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Bahama breeze is great for healthy
  • Morglez
    Morglez Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    There are certainly enough places to eat in the Orlando area that you shouldn't have to drive an hour! I used to live in Orlando, but its been a while since I have been over that way. Not sure what places are best anymore, but you should be able to eat pretty much anywhere. Just make healthier choices when eating out. I think you can find nutrition information for dishes at most places now days if you look online. Might help to check menus and look this information up before going so you know what to expect and can make better choices when it comes time to order.
    Good luck and have fun!
  • xLexi28
    xLexi28 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    thank you!
    Morglez wrote: »
    There are certainly enough places to eat in the Orlando area that you shouldn't have to drive an hour! I used to live in Orlando, but its been a while since I have been over that way. Not sure what places are best anymore, but you should be able to eat pretty much anywhere. Just make healthier choices when eating out. I think you can find nutrition information for dishes at most places now days if you look online. Might help to check menus and look this information up before going so you know what to expect and can make better choices when it comes time to order.
    Good luck and have fun!

• xLexi28
    Options
    I'll look into it. thank you!
    Bahama breeze is great for healthy

• Adsy1983
    Adsy1983 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Sweet tomatoes. Its a chain restaurant that does maily salads and soups. Worth takin a look.
  • xLexi28
    Options
    I definitely will! thanks!
    Adsy1983 wrote: »
    Sweet tomatoes. Its a chain restaurant that does maily salads and soups. Worth takin a look.

• superlauren11
    superlauren11 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Orlando is so large, it's so easy to find something healthy! There are tons of places to eat so you shouldn't have a hard time ordering something healthy. (I live in Orlando) If you're near downtown Orlando, there's tons of great restaurants. Pom Pom's Teahouse is also a cool tea/sandwich shop. Very artsy. Check out places on Park Ave. Also, if you're interested in vegetarian food Dandelion Cafe, The Loving Hut, and Ethos Vegan Kitchen are very popular.
  • hamstertango
    hamstertango Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Bahama Breeze is our favourite when in Orlando
  • stephanie20314
    stephanie20314 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Ethos, woodlands Indian cuisine, stardust, loving hut, khasiyat, skyebird, toasted, backhaus, golden krust, and Erin McKenna's.
  • rejectuf
    rejectuf Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Bahama breeze is just the Olive Garden of Caribbean food (owned by the same company). Eat good local food while you're here. We have excellent Vietnamese restaurants here that can be relatively healthy. Check out 4 rivers. Get some smoked turkey and green beans for a bbq meal that doesn't bust your calories. Or even better, earn calories by being active! Rent a bike, go paddle boarding, drop in to some exercise classes!

Check out the lake eola or winter park farmers market on the weekends for some healthy bites.
  • hilarycyr
    hilarycyr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I definitely second Sweet Tomatoes. Good salad options and its a bar so you build it yourself. A lot of non-salad options also. If you go to parks I suggest a kids meal. I know at Disney that is what I would get, perfect portion and instead of fries you can get I think grapes or carrot sticks.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Medieval times!
  • missblondi2u
    missblondi2u Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    You can find literally anything you want to eat in Orlando. One of my faves is Deep Blu Seafood.
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Wherever you eat, you can choose to eat healthy or not. I find it my personal challenge to stay on my plan wherever I find myself. Don't blame the restaurant. I was happily munching on grilled chicken breast with tomatoes, roasted brussel sprouts, and black beans on Saturday at BJ's Brew House while my table mates had plenty of refined grain, sugar, fried this and that, and red meat. And, I was the only one to take half of my meal home for another meal.
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I go to Orlando all the time, matter of fact I'll be there next Saturday. When I'm looking to eat healthy I go to the supermarket. Publix is a great place to get fresh salads from the deli. I also go to the seafood dept and get a 1/4lb of cleaned pealed shrimp. They will steam it for you in whatever seasoning you like, no extra charge. I eat that with some veggies from the produce department. No need to turn to chain restaurants and fast food.