How much cardio is enough cardio?

Options
I run a mile almost everyday (on average I would say four-five times a week) and I do twenty-twenty five minutes of cardio (again four-five times a week). Is that enough, or should I be doing more?

Also, does anyone have a really solid workout plan they would be willing to share? I'm always up for trying new things!

Replies

• bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    What is it you are trying to achieve? If you are doing cardio for weight loss, you don't even need to do very much. If you are doing it to increase your endurance, you are off to a great start! Many fitness professionals say that 20 minutes of an increased heart rate per day is ideal for maintaining your weight. If you are trying to lose weight, then I would say your cardio level if fine. Now it's just a matter of balancing out your diet for maximum results.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Is it enough? It depends on what your goals are. 20 minutes of exercise 3 or 4 times a week is what the health agencys say is enough. Are you losing weight? Are you training to race?

Other workouts depend on what you like and what you may stick with. There's a lot of talk about the 30 day shred, P90X, Zumba. They might be worth looking into.
  • shal_k
    shal_k Posts: 4
    Options
    I am just trying to lose the weight. I figure running is the best way, but it sounds like I'm off to a good start. Thank you guys!
  • KaylaShianne
    Options
    I really love this guys workouts and blog about cardio, fat burning and weight training to achieve a lean shapely body. its what ive been doing with some extra running since i have a personal running goal id like to achieve. check out FitnessBlackBook.com. i love his Interval training cardio+steady state cardio combo for maximum caloric burn and after burn.